Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 21st, 2016, 6:38 pm
BB1987 wrote:
Anyway, it appears that Gunshipìs Akizuki original drawings got resized by pothobucket. So, unless someone had saved them they cannot be used as a start point for a fixed version.
Here is the one I have in my archive.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 21st, 2016, 7:45 pm
Other than the railings and the oddly-colored windows, it's pretty much ready to be uploaded...

[Profile] [Quote]
KWAM
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 1:22 am
heuhen wrote:
AU and personal design aren't loaded up to the archive.

before we had an topic, where we added the real world drawings we wanted loaded up, then admin (Golly) would load it up at some time. But Colosseum and his friends are working on a new frontpage, with a totally different upload section.
I just read the thread where it was mentioned AU stuff wasn't being uploaded anymore. Which is a bit disappointing, but it's understandable.

The last part doesn't really answer my question though. If the upload session threads are no longer used and the new page is still a WIP, how are drawings currently being added (unless they just aren't being uploaded anymore)?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 2:53 am
They're just not being uploaded anymore. I have an initiative underway with a friend to completely revamp the shipbucket site (including search functions, author submissions, etc). It will even have personal storage space for each user on the site itself to completely eliminate the reliance on shit-tier sites like Photobucket and Imageshack.

[Profile] [Quote]
KWAM
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 9:44 pm
This is going to be my last version of this thing since it's about time I finished up some real designs. Might come back to it much later, but for now this is final.

Updated:

[ img ]

B-Side:

[ img ]

Not a whole lot of changes, but tidied up some details and replaced the SeaRAMs with RAMs as per citizen's suggestion. The extra missiles were simply too good to pass up.
Colosseum wrote:
They're just not being uploaded anymore. I have an initiative underway with a friend to completely revamp the shipbucket site (including search functions, author submissions, etc). It will even have personal storage space for each user on the site itself to completely eliminate the reliance on shit-tier sites like Photobucket and Imageshack.
Damn shame that they're not being uploaded anymore. It's great to hear that the site's getting updated though, especially that last part.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 10:12 pm
Nice. The only suggestion I have is to replace the awful enclosed Iowa bridge from my original 2009 drawing with the new one from paul's current 1983 Missouri: http://shipbucket.com/Real%20Designs/Un ... 201983.png

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 10:29 pm
To be honest, I might just delete the Iowa bridge block. It's not clear to me what a modern ship would need with four levels of pilothouse.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 10:57 pm
Yeah, I agree with that. It does seem a bit superfluous given the arrangement above it.

[Profile] [Quote]
KWAM
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 11:06 pm
And replaced.

Final final version hopefully:

[ img ]
erik_t wrote:
To be honest, I might just delete the Iowa bridge block. It's not clear to me what a modern ship would need with four levels of pilothouse.
It's mainly there because the old armored conning tower looked horribly out of place in such a modern setting, and putting an Iowa style bridge there was (at least in my opinion) the most elegant way to solve that problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Battleship Yamato Aegis Modernization and RebuildPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 11:14 pm
It looks good either way. It's a good way to hide the armored conning tower (which would very likely not be removed due to its weight). The extra bridge space could be used for a variety of things... I imagine a ship of this stature would likely be a flagship so extra flag accomm would always be welcomed.

Excellent work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 9  [ 83 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 9 »

Jump to: