Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 24  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page « 120 21 22 23 24 »
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 28th, 2016, 12:29 am
By propeller arrangement I mean, the fully visible propeller is forward, but the part of the propeller that's visible under the hull looks like it's placed back a bit. Is that the central propeller?

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 28th, 2016, 12:47 am
If I'm not mistaken it's the same arrangement used on the South Dakota (where the inboard props are inside a tunnel created by the outboard skegs).

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 28th, 2016, 6:46 pm
Colosseum wrote:
If I'm not mistaken it's the same arrangement used on the South Dakota (where the inboard props are inside a tunnel created by the outboard skegs).

[ img ]
Very interesting. You might be correct.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 30th, 2016, 1:47 am
In Callieverse, there are 747s that are specifically built for Operations in Aururian Airspace. These modifications include a ventral tail fin for added stability, and a navigator's bay in the nose (forward of the nose wheel bay, but aft of the pressure bulkhead. Due to the added weight and subsequent costs, few airlines bought such variants. Here we see the major versions of the 747 (pre -5/600) and a representative livery the version was seen in:

[ img ]

All of these Aircraft can be seen at Mayi-Thakurti in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 30th, 2016, 11:01 am
The ASB! I had almost forgot about that proposal. And those are some nice liveries, especially the Thai one, I always loved their old one.
(just a small detail. The -200P&W actualy has RR engines, and the -300RR sports GEs)

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 30th, 2016, 12:47 pm
BB1987 wrote:
The ASB! I had almost forgot about that proposal. And those are some nice liveries, especially the Thai one, I always loved their old one.
Thanks. The Thai one doesn't do anything for me, but it was simple.
BB1987 wrote:
(just a small detail. The -200P&W actualy has RR engines, and the -300RR sports GEs)
Derp.

I was wondering if you had a response to my PM I sent you a few days back? Unless you plan on doing a -500/600 on your own, in which case I look forward to seeing it.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 30th, 2016, 1:07 pm
TimothyC wrote:
I was wondering if you had a response to my PM I sent you a few days back? Unless you plan on doing a -500/600 on your own, in which case I look forward to seeing it.
Uhm, weird, I've not recieved any PM lately, the last one dates a month ago when I was talking with Colo about the KC-10.
Anyway, I had no plans for the -500 and -600 when I redrew the FD 747s, but now that I'm into their FD scale update the idea is starting to tempt me.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: December 30th, 2016, 1:49 pm
BB1987 wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
Uhm, weird, I've not recieved any PM lately, the last one dates a month ago when I was talking with Colo about the KC-10.
Anyway, I had no plans for the -500 and -600 when I redrew the FD 747s, but now that I'm into their FD scale update the idea is starting to tempt me.
SUPER-DERP. It seems I closed that tab without hitting "Send".

Here arethe main references I have on the fuselage changes with the -500 and -600s:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: The Isle of CaliforniaPosted: January 4th, 2017, 10:17 pm
Don't want to triple post n FD AU, so I'll double post here instead:

[ img ]

Being the Aururian version basically means the addition of the navigator's bay to the forward avionics compartment.

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: HIMS AlingaPosted: February 25th, 2017, 2:10 am
[ img ]

HIMS Alinga lead ship of the last two battleships ever built by the Aururian Navy. Designed during the Great Pacific War, with a fundamental misconception of the specifications of the Yamato-type battleship, she was constrained by the need to use old guns and turrets from battleships canceled at Washington in 1922. Without this re-using that cut more than a third from the cost of the ships, they never would have been built. Neither saw action in the war they were built for, Alinga completing in August and Wuriupranili in November of 1945. (The second ship still holds the record for heaviest hull weight conventionally launched in the Empire.) Obsolescent upon completion, they held the state pictured above only until 1953, when the first of several refits updated their secondary gun mounts. Both continue to serve as training ships, rotating in and out of reserve until their so called 'BBGN' replacements are completed. Obsolete since all-weather strike aircraft arrived in the carrier fleet, occasionally being called upon shock and awe purposes, and the Admiralty desperately awaits their formal retirement.

Displacement: 86,000 tons Design (2/3rds fuel, all consumables).
Dimensions:: 320m x 41m x 11m (All waterline, at design displacement)
Machinery: 18 oil-fired boilers @ 575 psi/475 °C coupled in 6 groups of 3 boilers to 4 turbines, each driving one turbo-generator. 260,000 horsepower at the shafts from electric drive motors
Speed: 32.5 knots on trials with 75% fuel and full crew/consumables aboard.
Endurance: ~12,500 nm @ 19 knots.
Armour:
Belt: 420mm @ 18 degrees over citadel, 65mm splinter protection ends & internal belt backing, 40mm upper belt.
Deck: 40mm bomb deck over citadel, 250mm main deck, 65mm splinter deck, 275mm over steering gear
Turrets: 450mm face, 350mm sides, 250mm rear, 275mm roof, 450mm barbettes. Secondary turrets 200mm faces/hoists, 150mm roof.
Conning towers: 475mm forward, 140mm aft
Other: 140mm uptake protection, torpedo defense system rated against 600 kg TNT striking amidships.
Armament: 8 x 45cm/45, 18 x 15.5cm/50 HA/LA, 32 x 10cm/65 HA/LA, 48 x 84mm/50 RF HA (wartime fit), 6 x quadruple 25mm/75 AA, 4 x 3-pdr saluting.
Aircraft: 4 x 'Tatani' gunnery-spotting/ASW aircraft, 2 replaced by fighters when operating semi-independently
Crew: 2,508 as depicted, as high as 3,061 wartime design.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 24  [ 239 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 120 21 22 23 24 »

Jump to: