Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: December 25th, 2016, 11:49 pm
JSB, your drawning is in better shape than mine. I'll reduce the rudder.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Revised Bahia Cruiser Design 1910Posted: January 1st, 2017, 5:31 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Revised Bahia Cruiser Design 1925Posted: January 1st, 2017, 5:34 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Revised Bahia Cruiser Design 1945Posted: January 1st, 2017, 5:37 am
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 1st, 2017, 8:46 pm
A wonderful start for the New Year, pepembr_mb, but it seems that the underwater hull on the refitted ships (1925, and 1945) seems to be shallower than on the original version. It is mainly apparent on the rudder.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 1st, 2017, 9:31 pm
Not bad at all.
I can't comment on the accuracy of the drawings, but there are a few formal points that can be improved:
- The shading of the stacks and other cylindrical parts is too photographic for the SB style, and clash with the rest of the drawing. The accepted standard is three levels of brightness around a half-cylinder for the same base hue.
- The shading of the bottom hull around the rudder is a nice effort for a fairly complex shape, but is also on the rich side and doesn't match the rest of the hull.
- In the original version, the top of the foremast should have no 2-pixel black segments. Stick either to 1 black line or 3 with a filler color.
- Some of the cables in the rigging of the original version don't fit together very well.
- The foot of the bow mast has disappeared behind the railing, in all versions.
- All versions except the first have leftover pixels from the original foremast hanging in the air.

If that's all there is to correct on your drawing, then good job!

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 5:04 pm
Novice wrote:
A wonderful start for the New Year, pepembr_mb, but it seems that the underwater hull on the refitted ships (1925, and 1945) seems to be shallower than on the original version. It is mainly apparent on the rudder.
Thank you Novice! Happy 2017!

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Argentinian and Brazilian shipsPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 5:05 pm
citizen lambda wrote:
Not bad at all.
I can't comment on the accuracy of the drawings, but there are a few formal points that can be improved:
- The shading of the stacks and other cylindrical parts is too photographic for the SB style, and clash with the rest of the drawing. The accepted standard is three levels of brightness around a half-cylinder for the same base hue.
- The shading of the bottom hull around the rudder is a nice effort for a fairly complex shape, but is also on the rich side and doesn't match the rest of the hull.
- In the original version, the top of the foremast should have no 2-pixel black segments. Stick either to 1 black line or 3 with a filler color.
- Some of the cables in the rigging of the original version don't fit together very well.
- The foot of the bow mast has disappeared behind the railing, in all versions.
- All versions except the first have leftover pixels from the original foremast hanging in the air.

If that's all there is to correct on your drawing, then good job!
I'll try to fix some points. They are not final designs. Thank you for the remarks.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Bahia Light Cruiser in 1906, new bottomPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 7:56 pm
I redid the hull undersurface according the only blueprint available. The propeller axis position is speculative.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Bahia Light Cruiser in 1925, third versionPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 8:03 pm
Next step is attack the rigging using photographic sources:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: