Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
JSB
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 11:56 pm
That or Oil rig fires?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 6:53 am
Norwegian coast guard very rarely operate outside of Norway, only when NATO ask for it, and in those situation we send Frigates... That are build for that role.

Norwegian coast guard are protecting, police and helping (in any situation) Fisher, small and large cargo vessels, oil/gas-tanker (from small to supersized) and oil rigs... While oil-rigs get there assistance from purpose build standby-vessel and offshore vessels.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 24th, 2017, 10:47 pm
Thanks for your answer.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 26th, 2017, 5:27 pm
I have updated the drawing, now it have enclosed RHIB bays

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Good work heuhen. It really is big; too big, perhaps?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 3:14 pm
sebu wrote:
Good work heuhen. It really is big; too big, perhaps?
For Finland it's too big. But in Norway we need them this big.

- They patrol the North Sea in any weather condition. so the extra size, can make it more comfortable.
- They can operate so far North as North pole
- deliver supply to weather and "research" station in the far North
- deliver equipment to the many unmanned lighthouse's. (one of the reason for that she have an cargo deck aft, and in under helideck)
- People live so remote here in Norway, people can become so isolated, because of bad weather or a snow / Stone / Earth / Clay landslide. that the only way to travel is by sea. (it's common here in Norway that a entire village get isolated due to an landslide over a road)
- Oil platform, Rescue mission.

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 4:03 pm
sebu wrote:
It really is big; too big, perhaps?
If you look at,
http://www.sms1835.no/arkiv/2014-08-27% ... Nilsen.pdf

A few things come out that look like they would drive up size and cost massively.

Sea state 5 operation of, 2 helicopters, 2 ribs (+one MoB presumably?), accommodation for 100, 8 weeks endurance, hospital and operations control rooms and the ability to deal with oil situations. Just to make it more fun add in Ice strengthening, CBRN and a gun, torpedoes and mines!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 4:18 pm
JSB wrote:
sebu wrote:
It really is big; too big, perhaps?
If you look at,
http://www.sms1835.no/arkiv/2014-08-27% ... Nilsen.pdf

A few things come out that look like they would drive up size and cost massively.

Sea state 5 operation of, 2 helicopters, 2 ribs (+one MoB presumably?), accommodation for 100, 8 weeks endurance, hospital and operations control rooms and the ability to deal with oil situations. Just to make it more fun add in Ice strengthening, CBRN and a gun, torpedoes and mines!
The funny thing is that I haven't seen that document JSB posted... :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 4:40 pm
I can add in that Norwegian Coast guard patrol an area almost as big as North-America it self. Although some areas are very rarely patrolled and other area are often patrolled. In area that is very rarely patrolled by the coast guard, you can find, if you are lucky on of Norway's "research"-ships

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Norway Project 6615 new Coast guard vesselPosted: January 27th, 2017, 4:58 pm
If you have the money (and high wages so cant run more ship numbers) why would you not go big, but I really think its more hidden warship than just what other nations mostly use for coast guard policing duties, I would not be surprised if its FFBNW plenty of other stuff like missiles and bigger gun.

What I don't get from the doc is what the P3049 (x) ship will be like and why they are not 3 (1+x but looks like 2 on diagram?) sisters (of 6615) would that not have cost and they have the same job tile role anyway?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: