Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
wkstl
Post subject: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 5:08 am
Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990(Большой атомный противолодочный корабль проекта 11990) is the the successor of Project 1134B (Kara Class). First ship laid down in 61 Kommunara Zavod, but cancelled in 1990 because of the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
[ img ]
Weapons:
AK-130 130mm naval gun.
S-300FM "Frot-M"(SA-N-20) long-range surface-to-air missile system, B-203 armoured VLS for 64 cells.
3K95 "Kinzhal"(SA-N-9) short-range surface-to-air missile system, VLS for 64 cells.
3M87 "Kortik"(CADS-N-1) close-in weapon systems, 2 units.
P-270 "Moskit"(SS-N-22) anti-ship missile, 8 units.
RPK-6M "Vodopad-NK"(SS-N-16) anti-submarine missile, 8 units.
Sensors:
MR-650 "Podberozovik"(Flat Screen) 3D air-search radar.
MR-760 "Fregat-M2A"(Top plate) 3D air-search radar.
MG-342 "Orion"(Horse Jaw) bow mounted LF sonar.
MG-335 "Polinom"(Horse Tail) LF VDS sonar.

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 10:52 am
It's a nice drawing, but it's missing crediting.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 11:23 am
Youll need to credit Gollevainen, (again) and RFZ as this seems mostly from the existing Udaloy drawing

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 5:43 pm
Rodondo wrote: *
Youll need to credit Gollevainen, (again) and RFZ as this seems mostly from the existing Udaloy drawing
rediculous, should I not use official part sheets to draw an original one?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 6:06 pm
wkstl wrote: *
Oh you do not understand what we are saying. Lost in translation.

We do not credit other artist, when we use only parts.

But when we use drawings of ships that other artist have drawn, then we need to credit the original artist.

It would look like this:

Country, ship class/type
(original artist/author, you)

So on you're drawing it should stand:

Soviet Union, Project 11990 BPK
(Gollevainen, wkstl)

Whenever you use large portion of other people drawing, you have to credit them. But when you use parts only, you do not credit them.

I also recommend to not use translation programs, due to that they can't translate text probably.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 6:18 pm
Not ridiculous at all, the shaft and propellor, the bridge windows/outline, bilges and the deck below the helipad clearly come from that drawing. This would require crediting, as this didn't come from a parts sheet and isn't just a propellor or an anchor rather, actual sections of hull.

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 24th, 2017, 6:45 pm
The credit line should just say:

Soviet Union, Project 11990 BPK
(Gollevainen & RFZ & wkstl)

:)

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 25th, 2017, 12:00 am
I was going to say that it looked original enough at a glance, but that the red area between shafts and hull should be cleaned up, and then I checked Golly's legacy Udaloy and noticed that that red area was there for a reason in that case :D
The Pr.11990 above, for all its other qualities, reuses this element (at least) without good reason, which requires correction or crediting.

That being said, the drawing is not bad in and of itself. May I ask which sources you used? The layout seems credible, but the versions I have seen used other systems, like Uragan instead of Fort.

[Profile] [Quote]
wkstl
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 25th, 2017, 7:09 pm
citizen lambda wrote: *
I was going to say that it looked original enough at a glance, but that the red area between shafts and hull should be cleaned up, and then I checked Golly's legacy Udaloy and noticed that that red area was there for a reason in that case :D
The Pr.11990 above, for all its other qualities, reuses this element (at least) without good reason, which requires correction or crediting.

That being said, the drawing is not bad in and of itself. May I ask which sources you used? The layout seems credible, but the versions I have seen used other systems, like Uragan instead of Fort.
Uragan was older design, the last one use Fort-M

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Large Anti-submarine Ship Project 11990Posted: March 27th, 2017, 12:28 am
citizen lambda wrote: *

Uragan was older design, the last one use Fort-M
Fort-M seems drastic though for this sort of ship, Urugan at the time was well fielded and proven, unlike the Fort-M which was being put in only Pyotr Velikiy which merits a question why wasn't it repeated (probably wight and the collapse of the USSR but I digress)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: