Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 »
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 20th, 2017, 9:34 pm
Working on my AU nation I came across the amazing job done by BB1987 on his AU Koko, so I decided to evolve a little the works have done some time ago.

Instead of posting just my airlines I think will be nice to have a topic regrouping all the AU airlines around this AU world.

Hoping that many of You have his own airline (airlines) lets start this topic with mine.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 20th, 2017, 10:33 pm
Caribia

The Kingdom of Caribia is my own AU nation (soon will open a topic on it) situated in the Caribbean Sea.
Due to my strategic location the airlines looks to create a exchange hub between the North and South America, and between Europe and the Caribbean islands and Central America for both passengers and cargo flights.

Here reported the Airports situation and the locations of the Hubs.

[ img ]

Caribbean Air System

SkyTeam member
This is the Flag Carrier of Caribia, owned by the Royal Family, with its only HUB located at the capitol city airport, the Florencia International Airport (FLC/MCFL) (13° 0'4.33"N 74°20'54.81"W), and from this airport start 150 routes to the other Caribia airports, the Caribbean, the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia.

[ img ]

Tropicana

Star Alliance member
Tropicana is the second company of Caribia, is located in the second largest city which is in the eastern arcipelago and is more tourist oriented for the Caribbean islands, Nuova Florencia International Airport (NFL/MCNF) (15° 2'35.22"N 69°37'58.51"W).

[ img ]

CARIBEx

Last one of the large airlines of Caribia is all freight airline with its main HUB in Florencia, a second HUB in Nuova Florencia and various focus cities in the Caribbean like San Juan (PR), Martinica, Santo Domingo (Domenican Republic) and Kingston (Jamaica).
CARIBEx operate flights for both Caribia and the other Caribbean islands, but most of the intercontinental flights are operated out of Florencia mega-hub mainly to the Americas and Europe, serving also some premium routes to Africa and Asia (via other bases in Anchorage and Milano).
CARIBEx is also the second airline owned by the Royal Family (51%) and share the training and maintenance facilities with the CAS, this can be seen also in the fleet commonality.

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on January 28th, 2018, 9:23 am, edited 9 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 20th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Italy

Doing my staff i couldn't forget about my lovely Italy, and her unlucky Alitalia, so contacted littlebird (who is ruling the Italian AU) he gave me a white paper on how to do the italian flag carrier. (having always the last word on the choices)

Alitalia

Sky Team member
This version is WAY larger than the real one, with more routes and more planes, looking to fly all over the world via the main Alitalia, the Alitalia CityLiner and Alitalia Cargo divisions.
The main HUB is Roma Fiumicino (FCO/LIRF), Milano Linate (LIN/LIML) is the European hub for Milan and Milano Malpensa (MXP/LIMC) as the intercontinental hub for the same city.

[ img ]

SDA Express

SDA Express is a mix between real and fantastic world, based on the real Mistral Air (owned by Poste italiane aka the Italian postal service), this all freight airline is named after a courier service (real world part of the italian postal service).
As the real one this is operated by a joint venture between Alitalia and the Poste Italiane Group serving as air postal service other than pure cargo, its main hub is Milano Malpensa, but operate also on Roma Fiumicino as postal service mainly.
The main fleet is composed of second hand aircraft overhauled and converted to freighter by Officine Aeronavali facility in Venice (Italy).

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on January 28th, 2018, 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 21st, 2017, 6:40 pm
Nice presentation an liveries. :)
Last time I saw something from you Caribbean Air System it still had the 747-400 in its inventory and a different livery. I also noticed that the planned fleet in 2025 is 225 machines, which is less than the current 230 ones.

Anyway, it would not share the same AU world as your airlines as some regional aircraft manufacturers would be different, but would you like me submitting an SB entry for Koutei Koku (my AU Kokoan flag carrier) updated to 2017?

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 21st, 2017, 7:19 pm
@ BB1987 Absolutely YES!!!

This is AU, all the AU are more than welcome!!!

PS yes the fleet now is larger due to the fleet renewal, after the passing out of the actual oldies the fleet will shrink back...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 21st, 2017, 7:40 pm
Very nice AU preview. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: April 21st, 2017, 7:59 pm
Koko

I suppose my AU nation does not need a big introduction, it is a Japan-like country that lies in the Pacific Ocean with a more diverse demographic profile (almost 10% of the population is mixed race or non-asian). Given it position it acts as an hub for trans-pacific passenger and freight movements.

Koutei Koku

Sky Team member
Koko's flag-carrier, formerly state-owened and privatized since the early 70s. Its HUB and headquarters are located at Ryujin international Airport near Toumachi, Koko's capital and largest city. The airline flies to 65 domestic and 114 international destinations in 55 countries. 40 feeder and regional domestic routes. And 5 domestic and 20 international cargo routes in 14 countries. The fleet is split in three main division, the mainline operating major domestic and international routes, Koutei Cargo operating dedicated freight planes and Koutei Connection operating regional an small feeder routes.
The fleet is made up predominantly by Boeing and Airbus aircrafts, with a few examples of SCI, ATR and Bombardier planes serving regional connections. Koutei Koku currently operates 348 aicrafts (293 mainline, 37 regional and 18 cargo), with another 214 on order to offset the eventual replacement of up to 139 machines that are to be retired in the next ten years.

[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
devil505
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: June 13th, 2017, 3:21 am
Fantastic start!

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: November 27th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Hellenic Kingdom

An fairly old chart I had in my computer, added only the A340-500.

In my AU, Olympic Airways never nationalized, but remained in Onassis family ownership. Other subsidiary companies of Olympic Airliners are Olympic Aviation (which flies domestic routes with turboprop aircraft) and Olympic Cargo.

The old airport (known as "Hellenikon" in real world) was built from the start as a correct airport in 1950's and expanded on the sea using the discard ground material from the metro line construction in 1960's. Opened in 1976, the reconstructed Athens Airport features two separate stations, the "East Airport" for arrivals and the "West Airport" for departures. Located by the sea, Athens Airport never closes due to bad weather. Available public transport is city buses, tram and metro and also large underground parking. Also underground, between metro stations and surface are most duty free shops.

Second largest airport in Hellenic Kingdom is that of Salonica, the sub-capital. All smaller mainland airports in Hellenic Kingdom features runaways at least 2.500 m long, larger Aegean and Ionian Islands at least 2,000 m, allowing landing of medium charter airlines (Airbus A320 family, B737) directly. Crete "Idomeneas" Airport has 4,000 m runway and several smaller Aegean islands have 1,200 m runaways.

Airport tax in Hellenic Kingdom is the lowest of Europe and several European and international airliners have offices and facilities. Same with cargo airlines. There are another 11 Hellenic owned airliners except Olympic, of which some fly only domestic routes with turboprop aircraft and other both intercontinental and domestic routes, some also have cargo flights. Law allows directly charter flights to Islands from European airports without passing main airports. Finally, 7 sea plane/float planes airliners exist with routes to many islands or even to some lakes.

Olympic Airways (AU) International and Intercontinental fleet (all Airbus)

[ img ]

Note that 1 plane are missing:

-The domestic AC-100 series will be refined, so not featured right now. Olympic AU has 18 of these in service.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 3rd, 2017, 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: AU Airlines from the world.Posted: December 1st, 2017, 5:04 pm
Olympic Aviation was established in 1971 to serve domestic routes. First aircraft were the Japanese NAMC YS-11, followed by Canadian Dash-7 and Dash-8.

[ img ]

-Note that livery on NAMC YS-11 is real Olympic Airways from 1970's.

-Livery on Dash is inspired from that of real Olympic Airways ATR-42/72 but with blue tail.

-Olympic AU needed 8 Dash-7, Onassis purchased 2 more with modifications for use in polar conditions and donated them to Hellenic Center for Polar Research. Olympic Airways Technical Base maintain the HCPR Dash-7 as well.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on December 3rd, 2017, 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: