Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Navybrat85
Post subject: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 11:36 am
[ img ]
Introduction
Tequilapoli is a Federal Constitutional Republic, located on the islands of Borneo and Sulawesi (and several smaller islands surrounding them).

Capital: Victoria, East Borneo

Largest City: Quervo City, South Sulawesi

Population: 38,475,938 As of 2015 Census.

Formal Name: Federal Republic of Tequilapoli

Short form: Tequilapoli

National Adjective: Tequilapolian

Economy

Primary Exports: Liquid Natural Gas, Petroleum Oil, Copper, Tin, Nickel, Gold, Coal, textiles, manufactured goods.

Industries: Mining, drilling, and refining; Boat building and repairs; commercial fishing; tourism.

Average income: 48,000

Government

Type: Federal Constitutional Republic

Subdivisions: North Borneo, East Borneo, West Borneo, North Sulawesi, South Sulawesi

Legislative Branch: Bicameral Legislature (Senate, House of Commons)
Special Restrictions: Term limits for all MPs, constitutional checks and balances

Chief Executive: President of Tequilapoli
Special Restrictions: Two term limit, constitutional checks and balances
The Fleet

Tequilapoli's Navy currently operates a fleet of 12 large surface combattants, six submarines, and numerous smaller FACs, Patrol Boats, and Cutters.
Dominator Class Cruiser
[ img ]
Modified Kidd Class
4 in service
Displacement: 9200 tons
Length: 565 feet
Beam: 55 Feet
Maximum draft: 31 feet
Armament:
2x 155mm/52 caliber guns
Mk. 41 VLS, 2x 61 Cell launchers for Tomahawk Cruise Missile, SM-2, and Evolved Sea Sparrow
2x Phalanx CIWS
2x Mk. 38 Mod 2 Typhoon Weapons Systems
2x Mk. 32 SVTT
8x Harpoon SSM
Valor class Frigate
[ img ]
Adelaide-type OHP class Frigate

More to come.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 12:48 pm
quit overloaded drawing.

Dominator Class
By just adding more weapon to a ship, doesn't make it a cruiser... But then what do I know, Norway call there Skjold class for "Coastal corvette"!

- 155 mm guns weight quit much more than the 127 mm (5") guns, with around 4 to 5 time as much, depending of type and if it fully automatic or not.
- I do also doubt there is enough space for under deck equipment for the 155mm, 5 " gun yes, but 6" gun...
- I do not think there are space for the location of the phalanx. It also add a lot of top weight.

The only reason some WW2 cruiser was designed both with 5" and 6" guns is do to the weight of the shell they fired. a 6" shell was almost 2 times as heavy as an 5" shell.

Note a Midway Mark 39 single barrel turret weight around 30-33 tons, a 6" single gun turret would weight around 100-120 tons...
The 5" Turret US Navy use today weight around 22-25 tons.

so adding 100 tons forward and aft + two large VLS that weight quit much to. and 8 cell Mk 14 VLS strike version weight 15 tons you have an 61 cell, later it will become a 64 cell, those 3 cell is the missile crane for replenishment at sea for missiles, US Navy found it impracticable to use. an 64 cell VLS weight around 120 tons... There is an reason for Ticonderoga class being a 1000 ton heavier than the Spruance/Kidd class

you have to be careful, when modifying these ships, most of them are build at the limit of what the hull can take, Ticonderoga for example...

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 2:38 pm
Yes as Heuhuen said cut out the aft 155 gun. No under deck space. You'd honestly be better off with a 127 gun probably. Besides that I'm not knowledgeable enough to critique modern ships.

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 8:25 pm
The joke I made about Dominator in the chat was "I don't know if she really IS a cruiser, but the Admirals insist we call it that!"

As far as the Phalanx, I didn't put her there, that was on the drawing already before I started dropping heavy stuff on the decks.

Main guns...You're saying 100 tons. Each or total? BAE claims the 155TMF would weigh within a couple of tons of what a Mk. 45 would. And the foredeck on these ships could probably handle it at least, since I believe plans called for Ticonderogas to take the MCLWG. I could be mistaken however. (In all honesty, I'm trying to justify getting bigger guns than a 5" on this thing.)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 8:34 pm
IIRC, while the spruances could take the Mk 71, the Tico used up this reserve by getting big radars and a lot of VLS. A Kidd could take some more guns IMO, but the depth of the hull aft could make you run into some trouble: the gun space aft is not that big. The best reference for you is actually this https://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/id/317 ... Study.pdf/

A cruiser is, these days, an destroyer standard warship with flag and command spaces. So I would think these could have been called cruisers, but since by now the europeans have Command Frigates......... names are more political then technical, so the actual classification would most likely be based on your political situation ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 10th, 2017, 9:15 pm
So Mount 62 is definately no dice, unless I cut weight on launchers. If I ditch one of the 6" guns, replace it with a 5", or even nothing at all, can the ship retain the forward gun?

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 11th, 2017, 12:59 am
Hey Ace...how about vertical loading guns?

Edit: https://www.google.com/patents/US4398447

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 21st, 2017, 6:22 pm
Updated drawings are coming...just as soon as work quits making me work ;)

Tequilapoli's future fleet is in sort of a flux. Right now, the fleet has four "Cruisers" and eight frigates. The Navy has several modernization plans put forth before the legislature, recognizing that even the newest ship in the main surface fleet is approaching 25 years old:

4-4-8 Plan:

Calls for gradual replacement of current surface warships with new, modern warships: 4 Cruisers, 4 Destroyers, and 8 Frigates. Under this plan the Cruisers and Destroyers would be AEGIS equipped for certain, although there is some speculation that the Frigates may be as well, or may use another system.

1-4-8 Plan:

Calls for the addition of an Aircraft carrier to the fleet (The last CV in Tequilapolian service was decommissioned in the 1970's.), and the gradual replacement of the Cruisers and Frigates currently in service with more modern warships. Again AEGIS is considered, although APAR is not ruled out.

2-4-8 Plan:

Replaces aging warships with 2 modern cruisers, 4 Destroyers, and 8 frigates.

4-8 Plan 1:

Replaces 4 Cruisers and 8 Frigates with 4 Destroyers and 8 Frigates.

4-8 Plan 2:

Replaces current ships with 4 large (Burke-like) destroyers and 8 Frigates.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 22nd, 2017, 5:43 am
I personally prefer APAR/SMART-L over AEGIS because of the growth potential of the SMART-L radar to the SMART-L EWC AESA variant that could detect and track ballistic missiles at ranges of up to 2000 km. There is also a newer APAR Block 2 which has support for the entire Standard Missile family and ESSM Block 2 through the use of a datalink.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: The Island Nation of TequilapoliPosted: April 27th, 2017, 3:32 am
Updated Dominator class CG
[ img ]

APAR Frigate Proposal:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: