Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Lazer_one
Post subject: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Russia in working on the next generation of nuclear icebreaker and there are already some preliminary informations.
The current denomination is Project 10510 - Leader class.
The project will take into account operative routes at latitudes higher than current ones.
The overall length will be a bit more than 200 meter with a width of 50 meters and will be equipped with two reactors.

Beside the official project for the real ship some University students were asked for a Concept Design of such IB. They were asked to create something feasible but to not limit the imagination (layout, diagrams and technical data have been taken into accout).
The Concept Design of Pavla Tomashevskogo has been published and some pictures are floating in some russian sites: it is definetely an amazing design and I made the SB version.

PS: this drawing lacks of several usual SB details becacuse I wanted to keep as much as possible the original concept.
Maybe I will elaborate this drawing making a further version ..

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 2:45 pm
:shock: Well the sixties are back

Nice drawing though

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 3:01 pm
That thing looks fantastic on so many levels. Looks to be very Geddes inspired.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 3:02 pm
You weren't lying when you said it was a concept. It looks like one of those ultra futuristic concept cars you see at car shows

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 3:16 pm
That's pretty crazy... good work on the drawing part though!

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 5:04 pm
It's indeed looking very interesting and unusual (and art-deco or 1960s).

Btw. I believe that it's "The Concept Design of Pavel Tomashevski". ;)
"Pavla Tomashevskogo" is genitive case ("Pavel Tomashevski's design").

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 5:14 pm
Amazing work, but I have one question..... Did the original concept really have that much glass on the bow? I have seen this concept before, but cannot remember that much glass forward.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 6:13 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Amazing work, but I have one question..... Did the original concept really have that much glass on the bow? I have seen this concept before, but cannot remember that much glass forward.
look at this rendering

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 13th, 2017, 7:53 pm
I had not seen that before! that is amazing!
Do you know if this is an separate design or is the glass only see trough in one direction if there is no light behind it?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: Nuclear IB Sybir - Concept design for Project 10510Posted: May 14th, 2017, 8:02 am
this peoject has been shown first in the following site (dealing with works made by design-engieneering students)
http://www.cardesign.ru/articles/degree ... 7/29/6519/
two projects are given: one for the very large Nuclear IB and a second one for a large Nuclear AHTS/IB.
Both, as concept, are not fully detailed and the different renderings offer details.
I tryed to convert into SB style the core of this concept and, at the beginning, I didn't made all the large windows... It was just a big red spot!
I am still considering to populate the drawing with some additional details like small windows, some doors, ligths,...

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: