Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 41 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4356 »
Bordkanone 75
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 17th, 2017, 8:54 pm
[ img ]
Nakajima Ki-43-II in the colors of the Manchukuo Imperial Air Force. The slogan on the fuselage (according to google translate) says "Protect the Country"

[ img ]
Polikarpov I-15 in the markings of the Ejército del Aire

[Profile]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 18th, 2017, 10:26 pm
Did a bit of a touch-up of the DHC-6 Twin Otter. Not sure if I should have even put my name on the credit line, but I do want people to know which version they're using. I re-colored the baseline paint scheme to the more standard grays to answer the earlier critiques about it not having enough contrast, and I overhauled the false-color blank with a somewhat simpler palette. I plan to use this for an AU, so I figured I'd bring it up to spec and post it here.

Baseline Gray:
[depreciated]

High-Contrast False Color:
[depreciated]

Last edited by Wikipedia & Universe on July 19th, 2017, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
John_McCarthy1
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 4:32 am
wow, that high contrast almost kinda hurts my eyes

Suggestions Welcomed

Currently working on:
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-B: ~80% done.
Heavy Cruiser Proposal CA-C: ~5-10% done.
Heavy/Large Cruiser Proposal CA2-D: ~35% done.
FD Scale P-51A Dazzle Camo Livery: ~5-10% done.
Getting better: Always being worked on.

Finished:
FD Scale P-51D's Dazzle Camo Livery (might be redone)
FD Scale P-51D's German Captured Livery

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 12:26 pm
Looks good! The only weird thing is that the black line separating the rudder from the fixed part of the vertical stabilizier appears to disappear (sorry, unintentional pun) halfway down.

Next, I happened to stumble upon a good schematic for one of the variants of what is probably now the least represented of the classic jetliners: The 707.
the schematic in question depicted a -320C, so from that, through some various sources obtained from google and from modelist forums (beign boats or planes those guys really strive for accurancy, you can fin much interesting stuff) I was able to get the whole series: 707-320, -320B, -320Badvanced, -320C and pure cargo -320C.
My apologies to Guillermo2312, who originally did a 707-320B (which technically it is actually a C) and a 707-420 for FD, if he is still reading us. His drawings were so different from the schematics that it was way easier and quicker to start from scratch.
Regarding the drawing, I'm not completely satisfied with the double black lines that appears were the wing leading edge pixels intersect the ones for the engine pylons, but I don't know how to amend such thing unless I disregard completely the actual shape of the engine pylons and modify them so much that they will look nothing like they should.
The apparent lack of part of the nose gear doors on some version is not an error, their design was revised on the -320C (and thus applied on the -320Badvanced as well, which was introduced later).
The slight difference in the wingtips reflects the fact that the original 707-320 had rather blunt tips (like all previous models), the 707-320B introduced flared ones.

-outdated, please refer to this post-

I'll Look for sources or schemathics of the Conway-508 turbofans, in that case I'll might try to craft the 707-420 as well.
Previous versions (707-120/-120B/138/138B/220 and 720/720B) might take much longer to surface since a whole lot of new sources and schematics (especially for the wing) would be needed.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on July 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Oh Nice!!!!! stratotanker series?

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 1:15 pm
darthpanda wrote: *
Not it my plans at the moment.
The stratotanker (KC-135) was developed from the 367-80 prototype in paraller to the 707 (and even flew first). So despite its similar look, it is actually a different plane (in any case it has more similarities to the 707-120 than the 707-320).
Last but not least, I've never done a military plane so far, they are still out my field of expertize.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 2:00 pm
Wikipedia & Universe wrote: *
Did a bit of a touch-up of the DHC-6 Twin Otter. Not sure if I should have even put my name on the credit line, but I do want people to know which version they're using. I re-colored the baseline paint scheme to the more standard grays to answer the earlier critiques about it not having enough contrast, and I overhauled the false-color blank with a somewhat simpler palette. I plan to use this for an AU, so I figured I'd bring it up to spec and post it here.

Baseline Gray:
[ img ]
Hi, I just notice one small error with the Twin Otter drawing, I'm not sure whether this was added in by you or by the original artist. The small vertical "fins" that you see attached to the top and bottom of the horizontal stabilizer are only fitted during float operations. They provide additional directional stability along the yaw axis at low airspeeds to counteract the large surface area of the floats. It is not typical to have them fitted during operations on wheels.

I think the fuselage panel lines could be toned down a touch as well but I think that's more a matter of personal taste, as we often see them exaggerated in Shipbucket drawings when they'd be less apparent to the naked eye.

If you have any other Twin Otter-related questions please don't hesitate to ask, I flew them in northern Canada for a little over three years back when I was beginning my career in aviation. It's nice to see the mighty Twin get depicted here!

[Profile]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 2:06 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
darthpanda wrote: *
Not it my plans at the moment.
The stratotanker (KC-135) was developed from the 367-80 prototype in paraller to the 707 (and even flew first). So despite its similar look, it is actually a different plane (in any case it has more similarities to the 707-120 than the 707-320).
Last but not least, I've never done a military plane so far, they are still out my field of expertize.
Very nice work BB1987 !

I can take care about C-137/EC-18 if you are ok.

[Profile]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 2:18 pm
Caddaric79 wrote: *
I can take care about C-137/EC-18 if you are ok.
I'm perfectly ok with that! :D

Moreover, does someone have a copy of Shippy's E-3 sentry in his personal collection? The file he originally posted on the board has now been ruined by photobucket and is currently unusable.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 14Posted: July 19th, 2017, 2:38 pm
[ img ]

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 41 of 56  [ 554 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 139 40 41 42 4356 »

Jump to: