Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Armoured man
Post subject: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 9:54 am
is this ship any good of is it bad ship.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 6:51 pm
I'm no expert for ocean liners, so I can't give you any proper critics. But personaly I like the design and the drawing so far.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 7:55 pm
thanks i work hard on it, and i have some more in the works.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 7:56 pm
This might be quite a good drawing! have you drawn her from the ground up or did you use parts from ships other people have drawn?

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 8:44 pm
i draw the Shape of the hull and bow, i used some Decks and some windows from some other ships to make the b deck promenade. the Shape of the stern, i copy from a another ship. the funnels i draw my self,
the bridge is copy from a another ship.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 9:06 pm
which name should i use for a AU i'm making. should i use the kantai islands or Republic of Yokosuka.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 22nd, 2017, 9:30 pm
Welcome aboard, ant it's nice to see a new guy working on a creditable ocean liner as a first drawing.
The ship has some very good points in her design, but a ship of this size would have 4 or the very least 3 propellers.
I would also lower the lifeboats one deck, and lower the entire superstructure by one deck.
Portholes on the hull sides are too evenly spaced and they extend too much towards both bow and stern
If your ship is pre-war (before WW2 that is) she would have more derricks and cargo handling gear, both on the stern, and on the bows.
Credits are inserted inside one set of parentheses as follows
(Cunardfun, armoured man).
I would also change the underwater hull to red or green. Blue was not used in the pre-war era (assuming this is your time line)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 23rd, 2017, 1:15 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Cunardfan
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 23rd, 2017, 4:58 am
Parts from my old Mauretania drawing I see.

Cunard Line Ascania (final 1950s configuration)
Cunard Line RMS Aquitania

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: a ocean liner i came up with.Posted: August 23rd, 2017, 9:43 am
i made some changes in her design, i lower the entire superstructure by one deck and i added more derricks and cargo handling gear.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: