Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: February 28th, 2017, 9:16 pm
Nice drawing! Imposing design! Well done, pepembr!

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: February 28th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Hi Pepembr
pepembr_mb wrote:
Dear Garlic Design, you can get the eight gun proposal real size using the 15 inches turrets to get the scale of your blueprint. It'll be fantastic to see your Riachuelo rendition. I'll design some what ifs drawings of it in the interwar and Second World War periods.
That's exactly what I did, resulting in a LOA of 206 meters; I already gave you the link to the drawings of the Vickers No.782 design in my initial replay (including modernization along QE lines and a very fictional US total rebuild). Looking forward to your Ideas for interwar modernizations!

Greetings
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: October 21st, 2017, 3:48 am
Hi, I accidentally clicked onto the download section and saw your drawing there. To be honest I noticed the funnels straight away, the shading is very weird as you have darker shading where there should be a lighter shade to represent being in sunlight. Some other areas are the same and it looks odd. I’m surprised no one pointed the out before.

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: November 1st, 2017, 7:00 am
Tempest wrote: *
Hi, I accidentally clicked onto the download section and saw your drawing there. To be honest I noticed the funnels straight away, the shading is very weird as you have darker shading where there should be a lighter shade to represent being in sunlight. Some other areas are the same and it looks odd. I’m surprised no one pointed the out before.
I shaded the inner parts and used a lighter tone in the parts where sunlight bathed it. It's more logical. This approach is used by other Shipbucket authors.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: November 1st, 2017, 7:03 am
Checking out my documents I saw this 225 meters hull was used in two proposals with 12 x 15' cannons or 8 x 16' cannons. I'll did two new designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Riachuelo Brazilian Battleship "C" proposalPosted: November 1st, 2017, 7:10 am
This is the new 10 x 15' cannons version with 210 meters.

[ img ]

Last edited by pepembr_mb on November 15th, 2017, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: November 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am
Very nice work! She would've been a beautiful ship indeed!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Riachuelo Brazilian Battleship "D" proposalPosted: November 15th, 2017, 3:48 pm
This is the D proposal with twelve 15 inches cannons

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: November 16th, 2017, 5:57 am
Could I make some suggestions on shading and colors?

For one the direction of light in SB drawings typically comes from the right, so all surfaces face the right should be lighter than the standard color, while surfaces to the left and therefor facing away from the 'light source' should be a little but darker. As it is here, for example, the funnels are shaded darker on both sides.

Another thing i'd like to point out is the color of the railing. This is usually coloured only slightly darker to the standard color to make it not stand out like a sore thumb.

In general I'd say the darker shade you use is *too* dark, but that's just my taste.

[Profile] [Quote]
pepembr_mb
Post subject: Re: Riachuelo Brazilian BattleshipPosted: November 16th, 2017, 8:56 pm
Shigure wrote: *
Could I make some suggestions on shading and colors?

For one the direction of light in SB drawings typically comes from the right, so all surfaces face the right should be lighter than the standard color, while surfaces to the left and therefor facing away from the 'light source' should be a little but darker. As it is here, for example, the funnels are shaded darker on both sides.

Another thing i'd like to point out is the color of the railing. This is usually coloured only slightly darker to the standard color to make it not stand out like a sore thumb.

In general I'd say the darker shade you use is *too* dark, but that's just my taste.
I'm using a lateral shading from a starboard side light to give it more relief effect. About the railing, I'll experiment another colour.

Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 32 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: