Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 12th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Looking good, I haven't any other technical comments or tips to add to Ace's. It looks like a great start.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 12th, 2017, 4:26 pm
Keep up the good work! Quite a few of this class would deserve a drawing ;)!

[Profile] [Quote]
aercastro82
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 12th, 2017, 9:55 pm
I just learned that CA-38 USS San Francisco in May 1942 had Measure 11 (Sea Blue)
instead of Measure 21 (Navy Blue) which I depicted on this drawing.
Thanks to a member that clarify this information to me.

For right now, I will not change the color scheme and
the date is changed to November 1942.

Thank you all.

[ img ]

Last edited by aercastro82 on November 13th, 2017, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 13th, 2017, 3:23 pm
Looks pretty good to me!

I have only a few suggestions:

1. The Mark 33 director foundations are straight vertical columns, not tapered.

2. I kind of adjoin the comments from Ace about the shading on the signal bridge. I know the signal bridge itself is somewhat shaded by the armored conning tower ahead of it, but I'm not sure this shading is the best way to show it. I like the way it looks though, and without adding another highlight shade I don't think there's a better way to shade it - so I would say to leave it as-is. ;)

3. Unfortunately the Shipbucket style mandates that black pixels should be used to draw the mooring gear forward. There is really no way around this, sadly. It's the drawback of a pixel-based format.

4. I'm not sure the bow of these ships had such a prominent sweep aft - I would check this against some known sources. What was your base drawing for this ship?

PM in your inbox for some additional resources.

Also - I am extremely happy to see someone else drawing the USN ships, AND doing them well, AND making use of the extensive parts libraries I have created - truly excellent!

[Profile] [Quote]
aercastro82
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 13th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Colosseum wrote: *

4. I'm not sure the bow of these ships had such a prominent sweep aft - I would check this against some known sources. What was your base drawing for this ship?

PM in your inbox for some additional resources.
I also thought the same thing about the bow

Last edited by aercastro82 on December 11th, 2017, 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
aercastro82
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 13th, 2017, 5:34 pm
I think it looks better now and it's still within 179 meters overall length and 176 meters waterline length.

Thank you all for the help and praise.

Special thanks to Colosseum and Colombamike.
Without you two, I wouldn't make these drawings as accurate as possible.
I really appreciate for the great help and the time you both take to share several information to me.

[img]

Last edited by aercastro82 on December 17th, 2017, 3:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 13th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
aercastro82
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 22nd, 2017, 11:56 pm
[img]

Last edited by aercastro82 on December 17th, 2017, 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 2:35 am
VERY nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
csatahajos
Post subject: Re: New Orleans-class heavy cruisersPosted: November 24th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Absolutely lovely! You paid attention nicely to the different barbette. Can't wait to see the other early war ships. Are you going to do the rebuilds as well?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 30 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: