Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: November 29th, 2017, 3:56 pm
Next coming are the BH.7 Mk 20 MCM, FAC and the BH.7 Mk4/Mk5A of Iranian Navy.

BH.7 will be appeared in my AU also (Mk 5A/Mk 20 armed logistic support variants).

Note that I believe that the Mk6 above is more close to a possible export proposal, with the normal round OTO Melara 76mm instead of the curious "illustration" cover. Perhaps Imperial Iran would order it, if Shah remained in power.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on November 29th, 2017, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 2:19 pm
BH.7 Mk 20 MCM (WIP).

[ img ]

-I think that the existing PAP 104 ROV is out of scale (will check that). Real thing is 2.7m long and 1.2m in diameter.
-The blue line in bow indicates the position of 30mm gun.
-In the other side of the ROV there is a inflatable (if the Mk 20 MCM hovercraft built, inflatable would possibly an 5m Avon)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 2:31 pm
no idea where you got that PAP ROV, but I drew the one on this parts sheet some years ago when I worked on the dutch minehunters: https://acelanceloet.deviantart.com/art ... -184927372

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 3:11 pm
I took it from old old ship drawings. Thanks ace for the part sheet, yours PAP is much better.

Are all PAP same externally? Because that hovercraft would had the mid to late 1980's version if built. Today of course it would be upgraded.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 3:22 pm
The Dutch navy used the PAP as drawn from 1981 until 2016, IIRC. After that it was replaced by, I think, seafox.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 3rd, 2017, 5:11 pm
Then I can use the Dutch PAP.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 8th, 2017, 5:21 pm
Here we have:

-On upper ACV I have the DS30B mount. Although a possible fit in mid to late 1980's, it looks a big large. The mount itself comes from the RTN Weapons Parts Sheet by superboy.

-Lower ACV has the PAP from Dutch Parts Sheet as acelanceloet said above. This looks perfectly scaled.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 30th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Continued with skirt, radars and a question on a drawing.

[ img ]

[ img ]

What is that in on the bridge (in the red circle, behind the antenna). All BH.7 Mk 20 appeared to have that thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 31st, 2017, 9:53 am
I think its a navigation radar, not sure what type though.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Never Where British HovercraftsPosted: December 31st, 2017, 10:32 am
navigation radar would be my best guess for that position, or some kind of periscope/camera system, as hovercrafts can have quite a lot of foam around them

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: