Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Navybrat85
Post subject: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 22nd, 2018, 5:14 pm
[ img ]

[ img ]

These vessels are modified versions of the Oliver Hazard Perry class Frigate.

Originally the ROCN intended to build only 2 ships to the normal Perry standard, with the remainder of the class being modified with an advanced combat system.

References:
[ img ]

This article makes mention of a "ADAR-N" system, which I found no references for. The first drawing as based on this idea, using this image as a template. The second, AEGIS equipped drawing is a more likely proposal, carrying the SPY-1F and associated SPG-62.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 22nd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Small note: the 'article' is a scan of Friedman's US destroyers, 2004 edition, page 420.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 23rd, 2018, 2:04 pm
I think the ADAR-N is a fixed, naval version of the EL/M-2082.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 24th, 2018, 9:42 pm
Interesting. (though certainly the designs themselves are hardly beautiful)

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 24th, 2018, 10:06 pm
Either proposal is a lot more developed than what I would have expected before undertaking the project for something based on a Perry class Frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 25th, 2018, 1:59 pm
The pictured SPY-1 installation is unlikely to even physically fit within the enclosure of the mast, I think, and certainly would present untenable maintainability and topweight concerns.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 26th, 2018, 2:27 am
I was thinking about redoing it more in line with an F100 style installation.

[Profile] [Quote]
dy031101
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 26th, 2018, 3:21 am
TimothyC wrote: *
I think the ADAR-N is a fixed, naval version of the EL/M-2082.
The ADAR-N is the winner of a competition between GE and Raython and indeed the forerunner of the SPY-1F.

Last edited by dy031101 on January 26th, 2018, 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
dy031101
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 26th, 2018, 3:33 am
Navybrat85 wrote: *
Either proposal is a lot more developed than what I would have expected before undertaking the project for something based on a Perry class Frigate.
There is a 1/50 model of a late-stage development configuration in Taiwan.

Here (2nd and 3rd pictures)
and Here (also 2nd and 3rd pictures).

[Profile] [Quote]
Navybrat85
Post subject: Re: Republic of China (Taiwan) Perry-class ModificationsPosted: January 27th, 2018, 11:27 am
As promised, updated the AEGIS version.
[ img ]

I took inspiration from the F100, although I didn't build up the superstructure as heavily as F100 is, due to using the smaller SPY-1F system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: