Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 715 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 27th, 2018, 3:34 am
Jindivick Class main gun changed from Millenium to Mk38 25mm. I think it looks more balanced. Thanks for the comments odysseus1980 and erik-t :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 27th, 2018, 2:59 pm
I agree, that's a definite improvement.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: February 27th, 2018, 3:05 pm
These are superb - your eye for detail on modern warships is simply unsurpassed.

[Profile] [Quote]
Eeo
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 1st, 2018, 3:27 pm
Bravo Zulu! Beautiful ships and very interesting designs!

However, I like several before me in this thread question the arming of the hospital ships.

Under international law (Hague Convention X 1907, Second Geneva Convention 1949, San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea), a hospital ship cannot claim the protection of a protected symbol (the Red Cross) whilst still remaining armed, as it cannot be "used for any military purpose".

Further, if we to nitpick, in order to be in compliance with the rules of the Geneva Convention, Article 43 states that "All exterior surfaces shall be white. One or more dark red crosses, as large as possible, shall be painted and displayed on each side of the hull and on the horizontal surfaces, so placed as to afford the greatest possible visibility from the sea and from the air."

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 1st, 2018, 9:22 pm
I'm wondering if you're planning on redoing the landing ships of the old AU. Is that in the cards or no?

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 3rd, 2018, 5:59 am
Hollows Class Hospital Ship/Disaster Response Ship updated in white colour scheme and de-weaponed.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 3rd, 2018, 11:53 am
EXCELLENT work Easty old man :!:

I'm loving it at the moment old chap but, I was wondering if you're planning any Flat-tops, LHDs or any additions to your Assault Forces please :?:

Warm regards,

Andy

[Profile] [Quote]
citizen lambda
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 4th, 2018, 1:25 pm
Excellent work all along, sorry for chiming in that late.
These ships are excellent realistic designs, masterfully executed with a level of detail probably beyond compare among contemporary fictional designs.
Keep up the great job, I'm really looking forward for more of these!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 7th, 2018, 7:28 am
I have always been a fan of MConrads rendition of the Canberra Class LHD so I decided to use it as the basis of my AU's 2 strong Canberra Class LHD's.

Here is AS Canberra and AS Adelaide will soon follow.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on January 30th, 2019, 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Australian Defence Force (Navy) AUPosted: March 7th, 2018, 7:56 am
Beautiful work as always old chap, but will there be a deck plan as well please :D

But otherwise, lovely rendition Easty. You should be very proud of this one :!:

Andy

ps. And I'm REALLY loving you ships badges... Great work. Really, GREAT WORK :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 15  [ 149 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 715 »

Jump to: