Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
Librira
Post subject: Hello!Posted: May 5th, 2018, 5:09 am
Hello there! I'm new here.
I'm an avid History fan, particularly World War 2 and the Italian navy.
I am just getting started, and am mainly keeping to the fairly simple Turrets, to try my hand at things, but i hope to improve, hopefully with some help from you all.
In the spirit of this, here is my first effort;
[ img ]

Much like the US navy asked themselves, "how do we make an better Iowa", I asked myself, "how to make a better Littorio? (or in this case Roma)"

The answer is of course more guns. However, the Littorio is already using virtually all its space, where to put it? Starting with Enrr's Roma I decided to eliminate the Aviation facilities on the stern of the craft and flush the deck up. This provided enough space for another turret, I think. Turret #4 is fairly cramped compared to the other turrets, with the guns of Turret #3 nearly resting on top of it, but I'm fairly sure it has enough space to operate.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Hello!Posted: May 5th, 2018, 6:31 am
Welcome aboard, I'll be betting this might be shunted to Beginners whilst there's a drawing here.

It's an interesting concept, I think it has good merit, I imagine that the RM would be still looking to incorporate a scout plane unless this was penned for post 1943, the additional turret does make that difficult of course but I'd advise at least in the mean time fitting some AA, probably two twin 37mm right on the stern in tubs

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Librira
Post subject: Re: Hello!Posted: May 5th, 2018, 4:53 pm
Rodondo wrote: *
Welcome aboard, I'll be betting this might be shunted to Beginners whilst there's a drawing here.

It's an interesting concept, I think it has good merit, I imagine that the RM would be still looking to incorporate a scout plane unless this was penned for post 1943, the additional turret does make that difficult of course but I'd advise at least in the mean time fitting some AA, probably two twin 37mm right on the stern in tubs
Thank you for the welcome :) on the subject of the aircraft you do have a point there, I was considering as a replacement to add a simple Rail type catapault aft of turret #4 like on a Zara, and adding a hanger between Turret #3 and the stacks. My original logic when removing the aircraft was that by the time this ship would have been ordered the RM would have Aquila and Spaviero, hopefully.

I'll also get onto adding AA guns. Thanks for the feedback :)

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Hello!Posted: May 5th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Welcome!

As to your ship, would adding another mount not require it to be enlarged over the OTL three mount hull? I think a 30+m hull plug would be needed? Otherwise I think it will be to narrow at the stern for a fast BB to fit the 4th mount?

[Profile] [Quote]
Librira
Post subject: Re: Hello!Posted: May 5th, 2018, 6:48 pm
JSB wrote: *
Welcome!

As to your ship, would adding another mount not require it to be enlarged over the OTL three mount hull? I think a 30+m hull plug would be needed? Otherwise I think it will be to narrow at the stern for a fast BB to fit the 4th mount?

Regarding the mount, I believe it fits, eye-balling it with birds eye views it appears there is (barely) enough space for a turret where I placed mine. However I could be wrong as I'm not sure they're would be enough space for any machinery spaces that would have been there originally. coincidentally, I have been sort of planning on rebuilding the ship, but with a 30m hull extension as you mentioned, and retaining the stern aviation facilities.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: