Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 9:26 pm
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
A classic among the light forces of several navies: Lurssen FPB-57.
The Bundesmarine adquired 20 missile boats (4 Exocet MM-38), as the S-143 Albatros and S-143A Guepard classes:
[ img ]
[ img ]

The Turkisn Navy also aquired this design as the Dogan and Yildiz classes, armed with up to 8 Harpoon missiles:
[ img ]
[ img ]

The Spanish Navy ordered the Bazan built Lazaga patrol boat, armed only with an OtoMelara 76/62 mm gun and a Bofors 40/70 at stern (initially this class was ordered with torpedos and depth charges, but never used them aboard).
[ img ]

The Moroccan Navy ordered a batch to Bazan, but armed with 4 MM-38 missiles as the Al Khatabbi class.
[ img ]

Nigeria, the strongest sub-saharian navy, ordered to Lurssen a version armed with Otomat missiles, the Ekpe class:
[ img ]

and the current flagship of the Navy of Ghana P-28 Achimota is also a Lurssen FBP-57 armed only with guns:
[ img ]

Finaly, Indonesia ordered this design in several subclasses, armed with Bofors 57 mm Mk. 2 and/or L70
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Cheers.

Last edited by reytuerto on August 26th, 2018, 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 9:27 pm
Great work!!

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 9:33 pm
Nice representations. There's a new WM20-series part drawing, which you should substitute in.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 9:46 pm
yeah, there are much better WM eggs around, I second Erik on that. Try to take a look at other old parts: I am not certain we have exocet launchers in the exact correct angle drawn, but htose deserve an update too. The same goes for the exocet missile shown above, and I am not certain if the RAM missile could use an better representatation (IIRC there was a better one on the USN sheets)
I think the bofors 57mm drawing was updated too? Anyways, you are now running into the worst issue of all: the updated parts make some parts of the drawings look like horrible black blobs that deserve updating :P

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 9:50 pm
Arghhh! A terrible confussion here! I upload a WIP version (only with revised armament, but not sensors)!!! I will fix it right now.

PS: I took the RAM launcher from the Colosseum USN part sheet, and also the Harpoon canister is from here. The Breda Bofors and the OtoMelara 76/62 gun is from the western modern "below the deck" weapons sheet, and the L70 single is from the swedish part sheet. The "egg" is from the HSA sheet. Unfortunatelly, I don´t know if the L70 gun with a plastic transparent canopy has a new version, so I left the original one. And the Bofors 57 mm Mk.2 version in the swedish sheet was so similar to my untrained eye to the original version that I left it ;) .

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 10:52 pm
I don't have any modern USN parts sheets. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gunship
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 26th, 2018, 11:56 pm
Nice, good work

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 27th, 2018, 12:03 am
Excuse me, Ian! I thought that you were the artist of the american radars and missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 27th, 2018, 9:54 am
An excellent series, its really good to see the PFB-57 series in SB.

Regarding Exocet, I believe others have mentioned a newer MM.38 and launch canisters but I can't find it. I assume it never made it onto a parts sheet?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Lurssen FPB-57Posted: August 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/1878/file I know I drew or modified the launchers on this drawing back then. bezo's british frigate drawings have updated exocets too, I think.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: