Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
IceKnight34
Post subject: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 3rd, 2019, 2:22 am
Figured some people here might like to have a look at this. It's a model project I am currently working on. Converting an Iowa battleship to aircraft carrier, circa 1940's. Let me know what you think. ;)
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/vi ... 9&t=167802

[Profile] [Quote]
Graham1973
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 3rd, 2019, 6:38 am
Looks nice.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 3rd, 2019, 8:59 pm
Impressive project. Looking forward to see how it will develop. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 3rd, 2019, 10:05 pm
Interesting! it does not follow the original plans exactly, right? (the shape and dimensions of the flight deck seem to differ, if I see it correctly)

[Profile] [Quote]
IceKnight34
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 4th, 2019, 4:50 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Interesting! it does not follow the original plans exactly, right? (the shape and dimensions of the flight deck seem to differ, if I see it correctly)
The plan from the very first post in that Modelwarships thread/link is only a "preliminary" design only. It was never finalised. That is the ONLY official US Navy plan of a proposed Iowa carrier conversion. No other official US Navy photos, sketches, blueprints, etc. exist to the best of my searching. Anything else seen in books or elsewhere is non-official artist interpretations. When the model was initially started long ago by another modeling friend before he gave it to me, I do not know what references and other information he used to start the model.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 7th, 2019, 9:58 am
An impressive project! Keep us updated with progress.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Modeling an Iowa battleship to carrier conversion.Posted: January 8th, 2019, 9:19 am
a (incomplete) drawing were attempted few years ago
[ img ]

thread link
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=6037

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: