Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 15 of 16  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: ENYO FD Collection (Season 2)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 2:02 pm
Because Psilander work in SB scale not FD scale. We have rules for SB, for FD we have just a single (not even ours!) rule, 22.093 pixels = 1 meter. I think they may have some rules about that in Forum Defensia but we are not Forum Defensia.

If Ro-Po Max do this in his own style, there are no rules against that outside that they will be not implemented in to archive because non-standard to SB(!) template. He know that, we know that, why this is a problem where there should be none?

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: ENYO FD Collection (Season 2)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 3:17 pm
Indeed, there are not written rules for FD, but there are some implicit assumptions about what it should include (not identical with those from SB, but broadly similar and following their spirit), and - if I understood correctly - contents of this thread are explicitly declared to not really bother to follow them.
Actually, if You check the Non-SB-Drawings part You'll see a number of threads that used to contain (before all the Majhost/Photobucket/whatever wipe-outs) FD-scale-but-styllistically/formally-diverging works that were on number of occasions moved from FD part to Non-SB part specifically because of that (some of them being ALVAMA's ships but not only).
Also, I didn't wrote it HAS be moved, I expressed such opinion and Administrators (meaning neither me nor You) may decide as they want (or just express no opinion at all if they won't notice that argument in the first place).
So I would also humbly ask You to allow me a luxury of endulging in deciding myself if I can see somewhere a problem or not. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: ENYO FD Collection (Season 2)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 3:39 pm
rules of SB/FD applies to all

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: (off)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 4:09 pm
Drama ... expected. Comments from people with personal motives. Rhade... friend ...thanks for the support my dude. My answer ... improve your style, be kinder, open something new, do not stand still. And...peace ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: (off)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm
@Ro-Po Max
I am afraid that only real drama I see here is the one made by You by removing all that excellent works.

When I started that part of the discussion I assumed that the drawings of the vehicles themselves are more-or-less within the style and expressed regret that because of the templates etc. they can't be uploaded in the current form (but meant that if You would put them on proper templates they could be - I didn't realized, of course, that You don't really want them uploaded).

As it turned out that they are not meant to be really "within style" I voiced an opinion that in such case they shouldn't be in this part of the Forum - but still meant that They would be very welcome in the Forum in general - it was only an "administrative" matter, unrelated to quality of Your work.

(And personally I wouldn't care what extra or altered content would be on a templates themselves used just for AU content - I don't think that Admins would care much either - it's just the Real-life/Never-were content - and especially its upload - that it would matter)

Btw. would You care to elucidate whom do You mean as "people with personal motives"? There weren't many participants in this discussion so I feel there is statistical possibility You meant me and am really curious what "personal motives" I could have. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: (off)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Here is the SB's offical style and guideline info section from the mainsite.
As one can clearly read, there are no personal motives behind the SB rules, only principle that everyone should follow them.
Use the templates when posting on the SB and FD section. If you allter them, add stuff to them, but keep the main template line intact. This includes flags, crests ect… (no anime!)

And USE BLACK OUTLINES. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re:reorganizationPosted: January 13th, 2019, 9:21 pm
A lot of messages, a lot of words ... but how come I do it all wrong. Gollevainen "had i been younger man and still virgin, i might had now banned him outright" ... it's weird. Nobody wrote to me that it is important to change the design of the template ... or the theme will be moved... (personal motives). It just happened. And I behave like a child, a diva ... or someone else. I will not argue. I want to see quality content, and I see the work of my friends and colleagues, their development. If I did not draw it as ten years ago, it does not mean that it is not correct.
The color of the template imitates the color of the site. So that guests and the audience was comfortable. This is a sign that the content is exclusive to the Shipbucket. All attributes are in place.
Some colleagues spend time on "criticism" of shadows and extra pixel ... and draw square wheels, rework others' drawings infinitely many times. This is a good community, but it obeys the opinion of several people (not the rules).

Last edited by Ro-Po Max on January 13th, 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: (off)Posted: January 13th, 2019, 9:46 pm
Ro-Po, as far as I can see, this 'move' is not an punishment. There are other people working on the edge of the sb style, such as psilander for example. The shipbucket forums are set up the same way as the main site: if the works do not fit the main site, they do not belong in that section of the forums. It is nothing more than that. It is not an demotion, punishment, argument or drama: it is a move to an area of the forums where nobody will ask you to comply exactly to the standards of the main site, as you are there where the work is a bit different from 'standard'

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: reorganizationPosted: January 14th, 2019, 12:02 am
@Ro-Po Max
I believe that these drawings were tolerated in the FD section until now because of two things:
1) the vehicles themselves looked "within the style", at least at a glance (and apparently nobody was checking them pixel-by-pixel to find any faults - certainly not me),
2) since the thread was described like it was an AU thread, then nobody really cared about non-standard templates.
Both these things only become something of a problem when it turned out that apparently they are not "within the style" for purpose.
As the Ancelanceloet already wrote - it's not meant to be a punishment or demotion.

P.S. "Wanting to see quality content and seeing the work of friends and colleagues develop" means, that someone needs sometimes to "criticise shadows and extra pixels" - or to criticise if someone draws square wheels.
If we are talking about "personal motives" then I'd really encourage You to write openly which people's behavior make You apparently uncomfortable, instead of sneaky comments about unspecified individuals that "has personal motives or "spend time on criticism and draw square wheels".

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: reorganizationPosted: January 14th, 2019, 8:51 am
The style and its rules are pretty simple and straightfoward, and they have been covered really well in the mainsites approproate sections. If anyone wish to add something to them, to make them even more clear and usable, feel free to contact me or colo in that regard. The rules applies to all. Now i dont like to hammer them down immediately and opressing manner, i rather give everyone time to adjust to them and make moves towards communality themselves. Communality in this case means feeling himself a part of the community of ours by following the style.

Naturally, i cannot give people infinity amount of time, since it sometimes creates situation where others feel unease of apparent disregard of the style rules and eventually I need to enforce the rules if the artist themselves haven't corrected their work themselves. These situations are always unfortunate, as I want to believe everyone who wants to work with SB understands the reason why we need to keep the style uniform, and that no exceptions cannot be allowed for individual cases.

If artists wish not to work inside the stylerules, then only thing left for us to do is to move that work into non-SB section. Its been done before and will be done in the future. The rules in these cases will always win, in no circumstances we will start amending them in extortion with drama. The channels and methods for influencing the rules are elsewere and via community action, never behind opinions of a single artist

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 15 of 16  [ 158 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 16 »

Jump to: