Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 518 »
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 12:01 am
Rob2012 wrote: *
I like it so far, can't wait for more.
Thanks a lot, Rob! I've a lot more to upload, with the respective descriptions, all based upon one major point: From 1936 on Germany was being ruled by a strong military government but without the human rights atrocities commited by the nazis. And the Reichskanzler Erwin von Witzleben had the sense of nominating capable ministers for each ministry. With time, I will develop a whole timeline of my AU and based on it showing which technical achievements the German navy could have had.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 12:17 am
The first version of the Messerschmitt Bf 109 T:

[ img ]

Based on the "Emil" version of the Bf 109, the Bf 109 T-1 equipped with the Dainler-Benz 601-N engine producing a power of 1.175 hp and the aircraft carrier conversion included adding a tail-hook, catapult fittings and increasing the wingspan to 11.08 m. The ailerons were increased in span, as were the slats, and flap travel was increased. The wings were modified to be folding to allow for parking more aircraft in the hangars. The armament consisted initially of one engine mounted 20mm Motorkanone MG FF cannon, as well as two synchronized MG 17s cowl machine guns. In 1940, with the T-2 version, the engine mounted cannon was chnged for the revised 20 mm MG-FF/M which was far more reliable and two units of these cannons were mounted also in the wing roots, giving the Bf 109 T-2 an enormous firepower and entirely mounted around the airplane's centre axis. The fighter would be equipped with two 180 liter wing mounted fuel tanks, a feature which augmented its combat range significantly. Underneath the cowling was a revised, more streamlined oil cooler radiator and fairing, which improved the cooling effect. Slightly thicker wing skins and especially reinforced spars dealt with the wing problems detected initially when making hard landings simulating carrier landings. The new wings had been made by "Blohm + Voss" according to Messerschmitt plans and blueprints but their design was similar in the structural layout to the "normal" Bf 109, while the carrier based aircraft posed on hard langins a much higher G-factor on the entire structure of the airplanes.

Last edited by Cargil48 on February 7th, 2019, 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 12:19 am
This version of the Bf 109 had the extra feature of deploying the ailerons at 40% of the flaps, which made the slow flying capabilities far better than the "land version" so far built. These planes were launched by catapults, the second version had a special hook to attach a cable from the steam catapult, allowing for a ventral fuel tank to be mounted for a better range.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 12:29 am
Eliminated, sorry.

Last edited by Cargil48 on January 22nd, 2019, 9:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 1:14 am
Please, use the edit button if you need to add something to a post. It's to the bottom right of every post you make.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kannevets
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 5:51 am
Credit yourself in that drawing as well, you did make a few notable changes.

All my newer stuff is signed as czslworldtour.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 1:09 pm
Kannevets wrote: *
Credit yourself in that drawing as well, you did make a few notable changes.
Thanks for reminding me that but the reason for not having done that is that I tried it using the Arial 14 format (as I read somnewhere in the instructions) and it does not come out the same way as the previous credits...

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 1:30 pm
Hi, Cargil. It would be nice to see you Bf-109T-1 in FD scale!! Cheers, and welcome to the Bucket!

[Profile] [Quote]
Cargil48
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 2:15 pm
reytuerto wrote: *
Hi, Cargil. It would be nice to see you Bf-109T-1 in FD scale!! Cheers, and welcome to the Bucket!
Thanks a lot, but... since this is the "beginners forum" could you be so kind to tell me what that is, FD scale, and how to get it? Thanks very much.

Edit: Oh, I just found the thread explaining that FD scale thing... Let's see if I can "digest" it...

Edit 2: The Bf 109 is already 1000 x 318 pixels... Isn't that what the description in the rules tell us?

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: My AU German navyPosted: January 15th, 2019, 7:16 pm
Hi, Cargil.
Yes, the Messer is in our archives. But you can adapt (navalize it) one of them, so we can have soon the Bf-109 T-1 in the FD AU section ! Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 18  [ 174 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 518 »

Jump to: