Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 33  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2333 »
Shigure
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 20th, 2019, 9:40 pm
Alliance Assault Frigate MkII

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 24th, 2019, 8:07 pm
A little appetizer from my Thor-Delta derived work: the Japanese N-I and N-II rockets.

The N-I was essentially a Delta-M first stage with a Mitsubishi LE-3 upper stage augmented by three Castor2 boosters. The N-II was based on the Delta 1910 with an upgraded upper-stage and a Japanese built engine for the first stage, again powered by Castor2 boosters, this time increased to nine.
between 1975 and 1987 fifteen were launched (7 N-I and 8 N-II), all but the 5th N-I flight succeded.
[ img ]

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 11:29 am
Someone wants a few SRBs?
[ img ]
Northrop Grumman (previously Orbital ATK) Graphite-Epoxy Motor solid rocket boosters.
The GEM-40 boosted the Delta II, the GEM-46 both the Delta III and Delta II-Heavy. GEM-60 is used on the delta IV-Medium. GEM-63 will start to fly on the Atlas V this year, while the GEM-63XL will debut with ULA's new Vulcan rockets in 2021.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
CobaltWolf
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 3:04 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
A little appetizer from my Thor-Delta derived work: the Japanese N-I and N-II rockets.

The N-I was essentially a Delta-M first stage with a Mitsubishi LE-3 upper stage augmented by three Castor2 boosters. The N-II was based on the Delta 1910 with an upgraded upper-stage and a Japanese built engine for the first stage, again powered by Castor2 boosters, this time increased to nine.
between 1975 and 1987 fifteen were launched (7 N-I and 8 N-II), all but the 5th N-I flight succeded.
~snip~
Someone wants a few SRBs?
~snip~
Northrop Grumman (previously Orbital ATK) Graphite-Epoxy Motor solid rocket boosters.
The GEM-40 boosted the Delta II, the GEM-46 both the Delta III and Delta II-Heavy. GEM-60 is used on the delta IV-Medium. GEM-63 will start to fly on the Atlas V this year, while the GEM-63XL will debut with ULA's new Vulcan rockets in 2021.
Oh my goodness. I'm a space-geek friend of TimothyC and he shared this stuff with me. I *love it* so much, I spent so long looking at the Atlas image yesterday. Had to make an account just to make sure you knew! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 3:41 pm
I had the distinct professional honor and pleasure of working on RSRM and RSRMV at what was then ATK Launch Systems, and so while I'm very happy to see the GEM series so lovingly rendered, I hope we see some bigger boosters as well :)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 9:25 pm
CobaltWolf wrote: *
Oh my goodness. I'm a space-geek friend of TimothyC and he shared this stuff with me. I *love it* so much, I spent so long looking at the Atlas image yesterday. Had to make an account just to make sure you knew! :D
Thank you. Be sure to get the correct one from my latest post, unfortunately the first I uploaded was off-scale, but I ventually amended that issue.
erik_t wrote: *
I had the distinct professional honor and pleasure of working on RSRM and RSRMV at what was then ATK Launch Systems, and so while I'm very happy to see the GEM series so lovingly rendered, I hope we see some bigger boosters as well :)
After the Thor-Delta I should be able to tackle the Japanese H-II family and possibly expand C.Hoefer's sheet of the Titan rockets, after that I have no idea what to do. I do not think I will found as accurate sources as I did for Atlas, Thor-Delta or Titan.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Excellent!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 25th, 2019, 11:51 pm
After the Thor-Delta I should be able to tackle the Japanese H-II family and possibly expand C.Hoefer's sheet of the Titan rockets, after that I have no idea what to do. I do not think I will found as accurate sources as I did for Atlas, Thor-Delta or Titan.
(pssst: pdf) :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 26th, 2019, 10:52 am
after that I have no idea what to do.
:mrgreen: ;)
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: SpacebucketPosted: January 26th, 2019, 11:03 am
(pssst: pdf) :)
A very useful file, thanks! Altough I actually meant sources of whole rockets and not single components. From what I see, with the exception of some of the Castors (which I should complete by working on the H-II after Thor-Delta) the other large SRBs are already drawn and found in C.Hoefer's Titan and SLS drawings and DarthPanda's Space Shuttle. I don't think I'll ever tackle the solid stages individually unless I do the whole rocket they are part of.

I was thinkering about doing the Ariane family (or VEGA?) as a possible long term plan, sources and time permitting. The R-7s are a sort of wild tought that will never realize itself: 27 different models (and who knows how many subvariants) for over 1.800 launches! Too much stuff even for me.

edit: holy moly Mike, you want me dead? :lol:

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 33  [ 327 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2333 »

Jump to: