Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
reytuerto
Post subject: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 5th, 2019, 10:13 pm
Good afternoon guys.
I had some troubles to place the currently listed weapons of a SBG. I am able to place correctly both the torpedo tubes and the 3 inch gun. But in the drawings, I didn´t saw the 6 pounder guns, nor the twin Oerlikons. Instead, I found a single barrel automatic cannon (maybe pom-pom), 2 twin machine guns (maybe Vickers) and a single Oerlikon in the extreme forward edge of the bow. Any aid will be very welcome. Thanks and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 6th, 2019, 8:08 am
SBG?

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 6th, 2019, 9:06 pm
Oh! An attack of mild dyslexia! I mean SGB (like the Gray Goose), a steam turbine torpedo gunboat, very nice but far of being as successful as the motor boats. My appologies!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 6th, 2019, 9:29 pm
I think you should just have wrote "Steam gun boat" instead of SGB, since it's quit an old term, and not everybody are an "certified" expert on historical British military equipment.

you are also talking about an drawing, it would help us to see that drawing, so we can help you out, since the exist many variants on them

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 7th, 2019, 3:39 am
You are completely wright!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 7th, 2019, 5:37 am
From the bow:
20mm Oerlikon
2pd pom pom
Bridge tubs - either .303 twin Lewis guns or .50 Browning singles
Single 3"

At times the British put machine gun mountings on the top of the torpedo tubes.

There are a lot of pics of the machine gun and cannon mountings if you search under 'Airfix MTB'.

I hope you do both FD and SB scale drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 7th, 2019, 6:49 am
I would say that, since this is a class of many ships/boats: I think it carry a 3" or either a 6 pounder in the place of the 3". They just haven't written it in a 100% correct way.

For if it was to carry a 6 pounder, together with everything, it would be quit a overloaded boat.

[Profile] [Quote]
rifleman2
Post subject: Re: Help about the weapons of a SBGPosted: March 7th, 2019, 4:55 pm
hotchkiss 6 pounder

thats similar to what is in the Osprey book British MGB 39-45

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: