Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
AlpgaGojira
Post subject: Airships - First SB attemptsPosted: April 12th, 2019, 12:12 am
Here are some of my latest attempts.

I've been doing Shipbucket style drawings for a while and I've only learned the exact tolerances for SB drawings recently.

Please feel free to critique and tell me where I need to improve and what's wrong with these drawings.

Thanks. :D

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
AlpgaGojira
Post subject: Re: Airships - First SB attemptsPosted: April 12th, 2019, 5:29 am
Here is the R36 rigid airship. Trying to get the template format right. But I'm sure there are still shading issues. Please let me know what might need to be improved or fixed.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Airships - First SB attemptsPosted: April 13th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Welcome AlpgaGojira (or maybe MotherbrainJr).
Your last drawing (R36) was saved as .JPG, a big No, No here, as it makes the image too blurry. You should re-post it as .PNG (better) or .GIF (goo enough).
I am no expert on airships, so can't vouch for the accuracy but you should look at other drawings of airships already done to see the main differences.
Placing of the drawing on the template, using the correct template and fonts are two main drawbacks in your drawings which jump right out.
Also please note that it is customary to place drawings facing to the right (looking at the object from the right, or starboard side).

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
AlpgaGojira
Post subject: Re: Airships - First SB attemptsPosted: April 14th, 2019, 3:57 pm
Thank you novice. I created my forum name a while ago and it seems I'm unable to change it, but ordinarily, I go by the handle MotherbrainJr. But if I need to have the same signature on the drawing as I do on the forum I can accommodate that.

It seems I uploaded the file onto Deviantart as a JPEG. No idea why I did that. But I'll re-upload it ASAP after I fix some of the other issues you mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Airships - First SB attemptsPosted: April 15th, 2019, 8:18 am
These look good generally.
They should really be in the standard format template with properly formatted credit line and anti-aliased text. But that's easily fixed.

The drawings look good, try experimenting with the shading. Practice makes perfect, also be careful when drawing curved lines, sometimes at this scale they can look a bit 'steppy' but again that comes with experience the more you draw.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: