Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 106 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 1104 105 106 107 108166 »
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 19th, 2019, 5:01 pm
dalamace wrote: *
As for that, I am unfortunately colourblind and I just used some colours that to me are appropriately woody enough for it. I think I have been questioned about using wrong colours for wood before and I can safely say that I am terrible at getting the right colour. If you have another colour that I can use please do so and I'll try to get better as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback though and I'll try to make more appropriate ones.
OK, I'm sorry mate for my "big shoes". If you don't mind, I'll propose you a wood-like color version of your excellent drawings.

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 20th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Hello Guys,
Cplnew83 wrote: *
OK, I'm sorry mate for my "big shoes". If you don't mind, I'll propose you a wood-like color version of your excellent drawings.
Yes, please, by all means! I would be grateful if you do!

Also, I have decided to draw the maybe last EM1 variant, created by Korsac/Korsak (I have seen two variations of the name and I don't know which one is correct). Much like the other EM1 created by Thorpe, it is also based on a German design, this time the FG42 as opposed to the Gerat 06H.

I will admit that the colouring and shading of this drawing is somewhat poor, especially the brass(?) and wood. I also have decided to use another wood-like colour which I hope is closer to the original green-ish colour.

[ img ]

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kevin WS
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm
As for that, I am unfortunately colourblind
If you are using Windows 10 help is at hand...as they now have correction filters that are applied at the system level, so they apply to all displays from all programs.

In W10 go to SETTINGS / EASE OF ACCESS / COLOR FILTERS

Turn on COLOR FILTERS.

Tick ALLOW SHORTCUT KEY TO TOGGLE FILTER ON AND OFF. After the toggle is turned on, you can turn the colour filter on and off using the keyboard shortcut WINDOWS KEY + CTL + C. This useful if you are doing photo editing or showing something to someone with normal colour vision.

Next choose DEUTERANOPIA, PROTANOPIA or TRITANOPIA from the dropdown menu. Most people are deuteranopia colour blind, but if you are uncertain do a colour blindness test on-line - there are plenty of free ones.

Now go and enjoy your new colours, turning the filter on and off as you go to admire the results it achieves!

-------------------------------------

This "fix" is actually part of Microsofts Commitment to Accessibility Program - for which they really must be commended. Read more about here if you are interested...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 20th, 2019, 8:03 pm
Nice addition.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 20th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Yes, please, by all means! I would be grateful if you do!
I'll PM you as soon as possible. (on thursday to be precise)
Also, I have decided to draw the maybe last EM1 variant, created by Korsac/Korsak (I have seen two variations of the name and I don't know which one is correct). Much like the other EM1 created by Thorpe, it is also based on a German design, this time the FG42 as opposed to the Gerat 06H.

I will admit that the colouring and shading of this drawing is somewhat poor, especially the brass(?) and wood. I also have decided to use another wood-like colour which I hope is closer to the original green-ish colour.

[ img ]
Wahoo, just wahoo :shock:
Splendid the tone of the wood and brass are, IMHO, perfect.
May be the brass coloring should less red and more "tobacco"/copper.

- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 20th, 2019, 10:21 pm
Hi, dalamace! Excellent effort done with your last drawings! About the EM1 (7,92x57), the woodwork color is fine, with a realistic shade of Brown. About the brass color, Please check Scootia's Vickers mg, the color that he used for the bronce parts is very cool. Cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 21st, 2019, 9:19 pm
Hello Guys!
Kevin WS wrote: *
If you are using Windows 10 help is at hand...as they now have correction filters that are applied at the system level, so they apply to all displays from all programs.

In W10 go to SETTINGS / EASE OF ACCESS / COLOR FILTERS

Turn on COLOR FILTERS.

Tick ALLOW SHORTCUT KEY TO TOGGLE FILTER ON AND OFF. After the toggle is turned on, you can turn the colour filter on and off using the keyboard shortcut WINDOWS KEY + CTL + C. This useful if you are doing photo editing or showing something to someone with normal colour vision.

Next choose DEUTERANOPIA, PROTANOPIA or TRITANOPIA from the dropdown menu. Most people are deuteranopia colour blind, but if you are uncertain do a colour blindness test on-line - there are plenty of free ones.

Now go and enjoy your new colours, turning the filter on and off as you go to admire the results it achieves!

-------------------------------------

This "fix" is actually part of Microsofts Commitment to Accessibility Program - for which they really must be commended. Read more about here if you are interested...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility
Ah, thank you so much! I am glad that I don't have to do some finicky stuff so I am grateful that you showed me this!
Cplnew83 wrote: *
I'll PM you as soon as possible. (on thursday to be precise)
I'll be looking forward to it!

As for everyone else, thank you for the feedbacks! Very helpful for these drawings!

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
dalamace
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 25th, 2019, 1:57 am
Hello Guys,

I have drawn one of my favourite rifle: the Russian AN-94. A really cool looking and unique gun that uses a nifty recoil system.

[ img ]

I used magazines from the AK-pattern rifle drawings by Alex and Caddaric79.

As always, any feedbacks are welcomed especially if you see anything I miss.

Thank You!

[Profile] [Quote]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 25th, 2019, 9:28 am
Superb !
BTW : your drawings

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: May 25th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Good morning.
The first real new LMG of the interwar era, the good, long lived and reliable french Chatellerault FM-24.
[ img ]
Cheers!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 106 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 1104 105 106 107 108166 »

Jump to: