[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 
minepagan
Post subject: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm
Hello, and welcome to the shipbucket thread for the Kerbin In Jeopardy RP!

Kerbin in Jeopardy is a nationstates RP set on the planet of Kerbin, where multiple people control nations with unique and vibrant histories, governments, and people.

MAP

Without further ado, I present to you the first shipbucket drawings to spring forth from this world:

Eusonian Thunder-class Destroyer
Built before and during the Great War, the Thunder class formed the backbone of the Federation's fleet during the war. Just over thirty of the vessels would be built, and they would go on to serve for decades in the service of several different nations. While the Eusonian Federation retired their Thunders shortly before their collapse, four of the vessels continue to see service with the neighboring Blessed Principality of Edusa as the Ekania-class, and saw service in their recent civil war.

[ img ]

Credit where credit is due:

Thanks to Gollevainen for his Grom-class drawing, which served as the basis for the Thunder-class.
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/2966

Thanks to Colosseum, Darth Panda, and Gunship, for their Fletcher and Gearing drawings, of which I drew inspiration from & used a few components.
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/1132
http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/810

Apologies if I'm missing anything, this is my first post here, let me know and I'll fix it.

Last edited by minepagan on June 7th, 2019, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
minepagan
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 5th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Another one, although this one not by me:
(the author does not have an account here, and gave me permission to post it instead)

Edusan Marrazo-class Coastal Patrol Vessel
Built to replace Great War-era patrol boats, the Marrazos are general-purpose vessels used for everything from antisubmarine warfare to customs enforcement. Despite the program being initiated in the late 1970s, the program would not produce any vessels until 1993, as its development was hampered by budget cuts, contractor changes, and the death of the project's lead engineer. Ultimately, the program did create a successful and versatile design, able to be fitted with a variety of ordinance and equipment. The pictured vessel is outfitted for surface warfare, with 3" and 40mm guns fore and Mk.140 launchers for Harpoon missiles aft. The Marrazo-class is well liked by the sailors that serve aboard them, and saw widespread use during the recent Edusan civil war.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 5th, 2019, 10:37 pm
Welcome :)

[Profile] [Quote]
minepagan
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 7th, 2019, 1:48 am
Thank you! I've got another one, this one grounded in reality:

Kerthenian Republic-class Flight Deck Cruiser
Converted from Hartford-class cruisers that were under construction, the Republics and their unique design were a result of the Naval Modernization Program (NMP). The NMP was a radical initiative, beginning after the destruction of the Kerthenian fleet at the Siege of North Point, as the Kerthenians found themselves suddenly thrust into the war against a numerically superior foe. An attempt to gain a technological edge over the Yinshanese fleet, the NMP produced a number of radical designs. While some were quite successful, the three ships of the Republic class were decidedly not so. Lacking the armor or firepower of the cruisers they were converted from, or a large enough flight deck or hangar to become the carriers they sought to be, the Republics were stuck in an awkward middle ground where they could fill both roles poorly, but neither role well. The ships did eventually find a niche supporting amphibious operations, as they were able to provide both gunfire support and air cover to attacking marines.

[ img ]

Credit to Youboat for the Independence that I based this off of, which can be found here: http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/7241

This concept is based on an early, early design of the American Flight Deck Cruiser (CF), specifically the image below; however, I took quite a few liberties with it, as the ship in the drawing does not appear to obey the laws of euclidean geometry.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
minepagan
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 7th, 2019, 8:04 pm
This next ship is also (mostly) Kerthenian, but a bit more modern:

Kerthenian Trevelyan-class Strategic Reconnaissance Ship
A joint Kerthenian-Qusmosi design, the Trevelyan-Class strategic reconnaissance ship is the result of the SR-X project, a joint black project resulting from the cancelled Kerthenian inquiry into purchasing Qusmosi Fallriver-Class electronic intelligence ships. Instead, the two nations decided to build a ship with basic concept of the Fallriver but in a more streamlined and deliberate package. The resulting Trevelyan is a perfect predator of an unconventional kind, a ship designed to leverage radar, thermal, and acoustic stealth to lie in wait, undetected, for months at a time, tracking and hunting information rather than enemy forces. Highly automated, the ship's small crew are tasked with operating not only the stealthiest ships ever made, but also one of the most sophisticated information-gathering platforms ever to sail the seas of Kerbin. In the interest of stealth, a conventional bridge has been entirely passed over in favor of a 360°, high resolution, stereoscopic camera system feeding real time data to the ship's CIC. Additionally, its extreme stealth characteristics make it a perfect platform for its secondary mission, the covert transport and insertion of personnel for both Kerthenian and Qusmosi intelligence services and special operations forces. To this end, the ship features a small well deck, a helipad, and a helicopter hangar.

[ img ]

Credit is due to several people whose drawings greatly influenced this work:

Miklania, of course, for their DDG-1000 Zumwalt drawing, which can be found here - viewtopic.php?t=8605
MihosiK for their DDG-1000 Zumwalt drawing, which can be found here - http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/7407
Crazyhorse and Acelanceloet for their CVX drawing, which can be found here - http://www.shipbucket.com/drawings/7245
and, last but not least, njmksr, who created both the concept for the Trevelyan and the drawings for the UH-72X and the MQH-17

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 7th, 2019, 8:16 pm
Great to see someone who is careful about crediting :)

Nice work

[Profile] [Quote]
njmksr
Post subject: Re: Kerbin In JeopardyPosted: June 7th, 2019, 9:02 pm
And now for Kerbin's first individual ship. Sorry that it's just an alteration of the Trevelyan-class that minepagan made with me but this is the lead ship of the class, the KCRN Trevelyan (SR-1) herself.

In a move that has drawn the ridicule of her core crew of a minuscule thirty-six, the ship's motto is "Always Watchful", an ironic mantra for a ship that almost entirely lacks windows or portholes of any kind. Commissioned in December 2018, the ship's extended shakedown cruise has rapidly become her first operational mission after the outbreak of an ongoing war with Keitels Ostreich and aligned powers in June 2019. However, the ship and her class have become the topic of contention among some KCRN admirals as questions have been raised about the degree of control the KCRN will actually have over the secretive class of ships, as the lead ship has been effectively commandeered for Intelligence Support Directorate missions and JSOC team deployments.

[ img ]

Obviously credit to minepagan for the Trevelyan-class, and his post contains credit for all associated components.
Credit to Radome for the crest of the USS Mount Whitney, the ship's crest I based the Trevelyan's off of. This can be found here. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2278#p41913

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: