Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 52 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page « 148 49 50 51 52
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: December 16th, 2017, 10:55 pm
[ img ]
I'm slowly trying to get some useful part sheets alive. I had bits and pieces of this one floating around in my dropbox for years, but decided to complete it.
Well, complete...... there are still some numbers missing, and I am almost certain some of those correspond with systems I completely missed or errors I made. Feel free to pm me or reply here if you find any issues with it, and otherwise, just use it and I hope it is useful!

Note: this is an work in progress sheet, as I think I will be adding more to it in the future. Therefore, it is not as nicely looking as other part sheets yet. Comments on additional (or less) information on the sheet are welcome as well, that's why I post it already, to improve it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ollie
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: May 17th, 2018, 5:07 pm
Here's a missile we don't have yet, the UUM-44 SUBROC.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm
updated version of 3 Inch Mk30 mount. Wiki-uploader can load it up, I'm not going to do so.

with two gun color, as seen on Oslo class.
Oslo class used a greyish color in erli carrier, and went over to black late carrier, probably to change of material used

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 22nd, 2019, 5:29 pm
Uhm did those mountings not have windows in the sides too?

Also, navweaps lists these under the Mk 33 mounting as far as I can see. What is the Mk 30? I cannot find references to that number anywhere?

Also, why not upload it on the wiki? You could literally have used the wiki as image host instead of imageurl, and you would have no additional work at all!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 22nd, 2019, 8:05 pm
acelanceloet wrote: *
Quote:
Uhm did those mountings not have windows in the sides too?
after my understanding not all of them had. There was several variant of the mount, they shared the basic form, but with some small or big variation to them. I have just drawn one version, other will follow over time, when I have some time

These are all Mk 33, note the of the mount:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

some of them would spot a separate air condition unit or just a funnel with a fan on top!
some of them would have their own illuminator
Quote:
Also, navweaps lists these under the Mk 33 mounting as far as I can see. What is the Mk 30? I cannot find references to that number anywhere?
just me forgetting myself. :o
Quote:
Also, why not upload it on the wiki? You could literally have used the wiki as image host instead of imageurl, and you would have no additional work at all!
because I am not going to learn my self something new today, I'm tired after 5 months with overtime work and planning a 3 week Japan trip. and with imgur, I just need to drag the file from my folder... I just do what I like to do, carefree. if people don't like it, then it their problem, not mine. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Miklania
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 22nd, 2019, 8:44 pm
It look marvelous. If you want people to use it, you should wiki it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 22nd, 2019, 9:23 pm
There is absolutely no requirement whatsoever that people who draw parts must use the Wiki to host them. If you guys want to help out, feel free to upload this part to the wiki.

I understand and appreciate the desire to get all the parts onto the wiki. But please don't "bother" artists about doing this if they're kind enough to post their work here in the first place.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN Systems (02/26/2013)Posted: June 30th, 2019, 2:31 pm
Quote:
Updated:

Navweps says that Mk27 and 33 are twin turret and Mk34 are a single turret.
Mk 33 FMC can be found on Royal Canadian Navy:; St. Laurent class destroyer; Annapolis class destroyer
Note Mk33 on USS LaSalle (AGF 3) and USS Ponce (LPD 15) would spot an extra copula on top of the turret.
Note Mk33 with extra ventilation can be found on: USS Trenton (LPD 14), USS Ponce (LPD 15) and at some point on USS LaSalle (AGF 3). Note the ventilation can be dismounted when not needed.

there are many variants of the Mk27-33 mount, but they are mostly modification done to the turret for that Navy needs or the environment they operate in.

[ img ]
I wasn't happy with the 3"/50... so, I had to even to a bit of cheating, to make it work

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 52 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 148 49 50 51 52

Jump to: