Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 27th, 2019, 8:56 pm
Thank you eswube for clarifying your meaning about role and subrole. I also think that the first option would be best.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 28th, 2019, 6:30 am
Novice
No problem. :)

Colosseum
Well, when it comes to large-scale upload, I'm most likely the only person to do it, but I think that Hood meant rather "things to come later". And I have to say, that based on experience with filling the SB Archive, probability that there will be some Members who:
1) have some FD works they wish to upload and wouldn't wait even a day to see it done "in due course" (whatever that course eventually will be),
2) have Staff (uploader) credentials in the Archive and
3) are perfectly unconcerned about "formal" side of the thing (filenaming etc.)...
is quite real. ;) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 30th, 2019, 3:50 pm
Absolutely - I was just kind of poking fun at the whole thing, as we asked for help from the community multiple times during the SB upload (but most told me they were "too busy" -- aka 61 tabs of anime open in chrome ;) )

We can easily restrict who can upload. Just let me know who should have access.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 30th, 2019, 8:46 pm
@Colosseum
More than demoting people who actually did some help during the upload (even if sometimes certain amount of verification was needed afterwards) instead of those that had 61 tabs of anime open, I'd rather have everyone with uploader privileges to have sign-off (that they have read and understood) the upload rules (both SB and FD).
(but I'm afraid that there would be no way to verify if they actually read and understood it. ;) )
And "naming names" was the one thing I specifically wanted to avoid, when I wrote that it's something that needs to be decided by Admins, not me (and I meant Forum Admins). ;) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 12:43 am
OK, given that no one else has mentioned anything, I think we can fall back to the old "silence is acceptance" mantra. ;)

Let's begin uploading ASAP

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 9:24 am
Yes, I suppose that whoever wanted to say something, did it.
I'll start uploading with ships and organizational charts (where there were few 'things to discuss'), so there are still several days for 'last-minute thoughts'.
Yesterday I already added more countries (names/flags etc.) to the Archive, so I wouldn't have to do it later (although I think there are still some short-lived/unrecognized/breakaway countries left).
Once I have the ships and org.charts done, I'll post the "final" version of the upload guidelines with list of roles/subroles and sample filename formats.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 9:37 am
It will be awesome to have the FD archive up and running, keeping track of all the thousands of FD drawings won't be easy and uploading will take an age I know. But once its done and up and running it will be great. eswube deserves a lot of credit for getting this dream up and running.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 11:18 am
I completely concur. Not only is Eswube a fantastic artist, he has proved over the years to be an extremely capable and safe pair of hands :!:

Well Done Eswube and thank you old chap :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 7:45 pm
Thank you so much eswube, for your time and efforts, in making the archives such a joy to see and use.
So again, A Very BIG, BIG THANK YOU.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: August 31st, 2019, 7:47 pm
Why You're already thanking me? I've only just started uploading. :lol:

That said, I'm pleased to announce, that all the FD-scale ships were uploaded today (102 real-life and 4 never-were). 8-)

http://shipbucket.com/vehicles?category=real&type=sea

http://shipbucket.com/vehicles?category ... t&type=sea

Unfortunately, as You will certainly notice, there are some technical glitches ('search' function is not working yet, and unfortunately, instead of 'by type' ('role') selection as in SB, there's the country folders are flooded with - non-working btw. - "drawings by vehicle class" selection which includes all classes of all kinds of vehicles of all countries (and in each category: Land/Sea/Air/Charts, both Real and Never-were you could see 'flags' of all countries, regardless if it has any relevant content), so when You enter any country folder, You just need scroll down to the very bottom. It will be sorted out eventually (complaints send to Technical Department ;) ).

P.S. Some of You will undoubtedly notice, that there are no drawings of ALVAMA there - although his SB drawings, as well as FD-scale air and land vehicles remain, he demanded all his FD-scale ships to be removed from the upload pool. :(

P.P.S Some formal notes: unlike the Land and Air vehicles where operator country would be included at the end of the filename, Sea folder follows the SB practice of giving just the name. I'm having second thoughts about it, but it will stay like that at least for a while.
And one more thing - in US folder You'll see some drawings of warships shown at the pre-1920 dates, which have post-1920 hull codes entered as a matter of convenience.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: