Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 27th, 2019, 9:38 am
emperor_andreas wrote: *
This might seem like a dumb question, but I've been trying to find the FD-scale aircraft on the archives and I can't seem to pull them up. Have they been uploaded? Thanks for any info.
You know what? That's sad.
I'm spending my time, which I could better use for something different, to do something for this community (I don't need that Archive - I already have all these drawings, after all :P ), and you people don't even bother to read what I wrote about progress of the upload.
Because if you read it, then you would perhaps notice that I mentioned completion of upload of FD-scale ships, organizational charts, trainbucket and that I started uploading land vehicles. And there is not a single word about uploading aircraft yet.
And you know why? Because FD archive is some 7500+ files (more are coming but some old are reorganized, so it's just a rough approximation) and I'm uploading on average 200-300 per week (sometimes more, sometimes less), which means that whole process is about to take over six months. And it started only 2 months ago, with bit less than 1800 files being uploaded so far (when I proceed to aircraft I hope it will become faster) - and these weren't aircraft (which, at some 4700 files happen to be largest group in FD). They will be uploaded last - and it will begin most likely in second half of November (starting with spacecraft, gliders, drones and missiles :P ) and finish next year. Because I say so. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 27th, 2019, 10:56 am
Thanks for the info!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 27th, 2019, 8:36 pm
My dear Eswube old chap,

It strikes me that I never thanked you for all your kind help and assistance that you offered me last month regarding access to the organisational charts which was I regret to say, very remiss of me and for which I would like to apologise.

In grateful appreciation, for this and everything else you do for us "Bucketeers",

With Kind Regards,

Andy.

[Profile] [Quote]
orionfield
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 29th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Eswube, there is nothing worse than feeling unappreciated. I just wanted to come out and say thank you for all the hard work you have been putting into the archive, and that I am sure that I speak for many here on the forum, that we deeply appreciate your work!

Work List:
Eastern Air Lines Fleet History
Around the world challenge
US Attack Aircraft History

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 29th, 2019, 10:07 pm
@Adenandy, Orionfield
Thank You for the kind words!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: October 29th, 2019, 10:18 pm
I second the sentiments above. A big and time consuming undertaking you have taken upon yourself, eswube, an undertaking which for the most part goes unnoticed, taken for granted by most who come to the site and find all the work being uploaded, never thinking on the one who had done the actual uploading.
So, eswube, thank you very much indeed, it is greatly appreciated by us all.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: November 3rd, 2019, 7:06 pm
@Novice
Thank You very much!

Word on current progress of upload.
FD-scale Ships and Organizational Charts are done and up-to-date (including newest Yugoslav entries).
Land Vehicles are largely done, except for Russian/Soviet-manufactured vehicles (some 430 files to upload).
Special message to Emperor_Andreas: that means, that aircraft are still not uploaded yet.

Recent SB-scale entries are also uploaded, like it usually happens each month (with occasional exception, especially if not much was posted in that period). (Acelanceloet - have You read this?)

One thing I would like to put forward about SB-scale upload.
Theoretically the way to have things uploaded is to:
step 1) post it in some Real Designs or Never-Built Design thread for others to comment,
step 2) post it in the upload thread.
Also acceptable is to post it only in some Real Designs or Never-Built Design thread, hoping (with very high chance of these hopes being fulfilled) that I will find them there.
But it's not acceptable to post it in the upload thread without ever bothering to post it in any of the Real Designs or Never-Built Design threads.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: November 3rd, 2019, 11:30 pm
Uhm...... Why am I mentioned here like this?
I have never asked for 'faster uploads' or something like that. I asked in the upload thread IF somebody was uploading everything there, as nothing was marked in the thread about that as far as I could see and I wanted to do my part in uploading those drawings to the main site. Now I am being singled out here as if I am an impatient idiot or something.

Btw, may I recommend putting discussion regarding SB upload in the SB-scale thread and not here?
In addition, IIRC, people have the ability to decide if they do want their work uploaded to the main site, in the past we have seen people who requested to not reupload their work there. Just roaming the real and never build design threads and uploading those might IIRC not always be the right thing to do........

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: November 4th, 2019, 7:06 am
Uhm... so now you know IF something is done about uploading.
(btw. "impatient" wasn't the adjective I thought of back then)

If only the works posted in the Upload thread were to be uploaded, that it would mean that - as of now - works of Novice, Gollevainen and Darth Panda would not be uploaded. You suggest that I should assume that they don't want to see their works in the Main Archive?
These people "who requested to not reupload their work there" are Ro-Po Max and who else?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: FD Archive Upload (finally!)Posted: November 4th, 2019, 5:57 pm
I don't quite follow but ok.

As for the what to upload and what not, you should check that with Gollevainen or Colo. I was just offering my thoughts and from what I remembered, it seems strange to just upload everything without asking and there has been discussion about it. I personally just upload my own drawings, or work of other people who ask me to do so.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 7  [ 64 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: