Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Zen9
Post subject: GreetingsPosted: January 9th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Hmm.... I'm sure I did this already a year ago...?

Nevermind.

Greetings One is Zen9

Having encountered Shipbucket images a long time ago I've become quite an admirer and intrigued by them.

However while I have a few sketches in progress it may be quite some time until they are in any way presentable. Mostly as they are designs and that process is fraught.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: GreetingsPosted: January 11th, 2020, 10:05 am
Hello! Welcome to the Shipbucket.
Don't worry about your works being only "in progress" - the "Beginners Only" section is, after all, specifically to help newcomers with advice.
I just saw Your post with request of advice, to which noone responded - I guess because nobody had anything valuable to say, so I hope you won't see it as rudeness and won't be discouraged. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zen9
Post subject: Re: GreetingsPosted: January 12th, 2020, 10:56 am
Thank you for your welcome.
I don't take offence and understand why a response might be right down the list of things to do.

I might expand on my efforts and say I've got into trying to do shipbucket drawings for the 1952 CV (long ago abandoned I'll admit) and various efforts at a historically acurate NIGS ship.
But I've also musings on Corvettes/ Littoral Combat designs and a few other historical 'what if" designs.

At the moment a good deal is copying others efforts, as this is often a good stepping stone to learning how execute such pictures.
It's quite revealing how much effort underlies these pictures. I am impressed to say the least.

But I can't promise much soon until I can fight out enough time on the PC.
Hence my request for advice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Introductions”

Jump to: