Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 22nd, 2020, 2:28 pm
Good morning. I Have a conceptual doubt: Is a CoIn aircraft an attack aircraft? Thanks and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 22nd, 2020, 9:28 pm
reytuerto wrote: *
Good morning. I Have a conceptual doubt: Is a CoIn aircraft an attack aircraft? Thanks and cheers.
I personally think CoIn is am attack aircraft. Also, on the first post, one of the pictures is of the A-37(?) Dragonfly, formerly a jet trainer later used as CoIn and ground attack aircraft.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
LtMaverick114
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 23rd, 2020, 2:59 pm
Kiwi Imperialist wrote: *
MitcheLL300 wrote: *
[ img ]
It’s great to see a VTOL aircraft. As this is an FD scale challenge, I hope you don’t mind if the Shipbucket scale representation of your aircraft is excluded from the poll when it is created.
LtMaverick114 wrote: *
[ img ]
[ img ]
Another great drawing. Unfortunately, choosing to include ‘blank’ views of your aircraft has pushed you over the number of views allowed per drawing. It also clashes with the restriction that all views within a drawing must depict the same aircraft at the same point in time.
Yeah I got notified about that on the Discord. I changed up the entry!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Thanks, Novice.

PS. Sorry for the off tópic, I was unable to open the chat.

[Profile] [Quote]
RaspingLeech
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 28th, 2020, 6:18 pm
Junkers Ju 1287:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Writeup coming soon™

[Profile] [Quote]
ashebourton
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 31st, 2020, 2:24 am
ATRIA Aerospace A-1 Evil Eyes

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

The A-1 Evil Eyes is a tandem seat, twin-engined, supersonic attack aircraft capable of carrier operations. Similarly to the Panavia Tornado, the A-1 is designed for high speed low altitute air-to-ground operations. While being capable of carrier operations, the aircraft is capable of carrier defense via the use of anti-ship/anti-submarine munitions. The aircraft has a crew of 2, one pilot and one weapon systems officer. Similiarities in design can be seen on the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18 Hornet, Panavia Tornado, F-16 Fighting Falcon, and EA-6B Intruder. The airframe incorporates a engine nacelles seperated by a flatter portion of the centerline fuselage similar to that of the F-14 Tomcat. The air brakes and single vertical stabalizer from a Panavia Tornado and F-16 Fighting Falcon. The intakes and landing gear was inspired by the F/A-18 Hornet while the cockpit/canopy and nose cone from the EA-6B Intruder. The aircraft has 1 centerline hardpoint capable of a droptank of larger munition, 4 wing mounted hardpoints capable of 2 munitions each, and 2 wingtip mounts for sidewinder missiles (for self-defense) or radar seeking HARM missiles.

The aircraft is designed for the timeframe of 1980-1991.

"Just consider me the forum's resident V-22 expert." ;)

-----------------------------

My Completed Work!!!

Last edited by ashebourton on April 1st, 2020, 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
daemyrs
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 31st, 2020, 7:02 pm
Ayeslendh S61 "Dusios"(Demon)
[ img ]
S61 19652 painted in the standard grey scheme of the CRDAF, 1973
[ img ]
S61 27186 in a temperate camouflage, Miles Multinational Exercises, 1966

The S61 "Dusios" is a twin seat, single engined, attack aircraft introduced by the Galliche aviation firm Ayeslendh in the early 1960s. While built from the ground up for the attack role, it has also been used as both a trainer, and a photo-reconnaissance platform, in both Daemyrtian and Imperial service.
Specifications
In Service: 1961-2007 (CRDAF), 1972-present (IAAC)
Length: 16.56 meters
Height: 4.44 meters
Wingspan: 20.25 meters with tip-tanks
18.83 meters without tip-tanks
Weight: 6330 kilograms (empty)
Powerplant: 1x NT-8 Wasp turbofan, 63.7 kilonewtons
Speed: 1015 kilometers/hour
Range: 1430 kilometers with tip-tanks
Armament: 2x Varents M49 20mm Autocannon
Hardpoints: 6x wing
2x fuselage
Crew: 2

Last edited by daemyrs on March 31st, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Yqueleden
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 31st, 2020, 8:39 pm
Ugh! It's big like a A-26 Invader.

Greetings

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: March 31st, 2020, 10:39 pm
Here is my entry, might do write up later.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Cold War Attack Aircraft ChallengePosted: April 1st, 2020, 12:49 am
ashebourton wrote: *
ATRIA Aerospace FA-1 Evil Eyes

https://i.postimg.cc/HnhQ9ZgH/FA1.png
https://i.postimg.cc/Ss9HTc6d/FA1-2.png
https://i.postimg.cc/8cDXZ9Pk/FA1-3.png
https://i.postimg.cc/63xMQgZV/FA1-4.png
https://i.postimg.cc/13LHW2vx/FA1-5.png

The FA-1 Evil Eyes is a tandem seat, twin engined, multirole strike aircraft capable of aircraft carrier operations. The design of the FA-1 is inspired by the real life F-14 Tomcat and early variants of the F/A-18 Hornet. In keeping with my AU stance on this design, the aircraft utilizes engines similiarly used on the F-16 Fighting Falcon. The design emulates the fuselage of the F-14, with engine nacelle seperated by a flat center fuselage capable of supporting a droptank or larger ordnance. The aircraft sports 4 wing mounted hardpoints caplable of storing 2 pieces of ordnance each with 2 wingtip mounts and provisions for fuselage mounted hardpoints (not drawn, but invisioned.)
Your aircraft looks great Ashebourton! Unfortunately, it falls outside the rules of the challenge. Fighter-bombers and multirole aircraft were excluded in the section titled ‘Design Requirements’. However, at first glance, it appears that your design is more of an attack aircraft than a fighter. It is more of a Hornet than a Tomcat. Perhaps you could consider amending your description so that it comes across as an attack aircraft first, and a fighter second. You may also consider removing depictions of a pure air-to-air payloads. This could help you address a second issue: you have posted five images. The maximum permitted in this challenge is three. Please consider reducing the images you have submitted to this number. With these two changes, I would have no problem including your submission in the poll. Feel free to post all of your drawings, with a description more appropriate to the needs your own alternate universe, elsewhere on the forum.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 51 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: