Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 45  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1845 »
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 9:59 am
:O WOW :!:

FANTASTIC drawings Max! Simply some of the BEST drawings I've EVER seen on shipbucket... WELL DONE my friend. Long may they continue :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Quote:
FANTASTIC drawings Max! Simply some of the BEST drawings I've EVER seen on shipbucket... WELL DONE my friend. Long may they continue
not to be rude but I think calling RO PO's stuff the best on the entire website, is a bit of a disservice to the many talented artists we have here, the main reason I think this is because RO PO's work is what I would consider very much outside the pre-established stylistic rules of SB as a whole, and therefore judging it against other people's stuff when stylistically it's almost not even the same is a bit of a non-starter, however that doesn't mean that I'm saying it's bad art, far from it actually it's indeed very impressive artwork that is well made, but the problem is that, it is artwork that stylistically does not fit with the rest of the bucket as a whole

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 3:44 pm
Pretty passive aggressive comment dude. If adenady say that FOR HIM those are the best drawings he saw he have all the rights to speak so. Your argument that he do a "disservice" to others expressing his opinion is... calling it an absurd would be like saying nothing. What, you feel sad and underappreciated because adenady did not write that your works are the best for him? You need some pat in the back or what?

Whining that someone like other person works and consider them the best in his opinion... this is not rock bottom, this is grabbing a shovel and digging in that rock bottom.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Thanks a lot All, for your opinion. I never tried to get my works on the main site. I started out with RPM as a way to improve my skills. The community urged me to do better.
I have my favorite artists here. I try to be like them and make people happy with my drawings :) :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 5:06 pm
They might be the best drawings on the website. They are not the best shipbucket drawings on the website as they are not shipbucket ;) Some things are simpler then we make them.

[Profile] [Quote]
Armoured man
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 6:04 pm
Quote:
Pretty passive aggressive comment dude. If adenady say that FOR HIM those are the best drawings he saw he have all the rights to speak so. Your argument that he do a "disservice" to others expressing his opinion is... calling it an absurd would be like saying nothing. What, you feel sad and underappreciated because adenady did not write that your works are the best for him? You need some pat in the back or what?
I don't think anything in my message came across as aggressive at all, in fact your message came across as really aggressive and condescending, I will express my opinion however I like, because like I said above,I think this is because RO PO's work is what I would consider very much outside the pre-established stylistic rules of SB as a whole, and therefore judging it against other people's stuff when stylistically it's almost not even the same is a bit of a non-starter, also as your point about me needing a pat on the back or appreciation of something like that, I draw and post stuff on his website for myself, I don't post my stuff here because I want people to suck me off about how great my art is, I post my art here because I think that people might be interested to see it and if they don't then that's completely fine, I don't need constant validation about how great my art is or is not

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 6:33 pm
Armoured man wrote: *
I will express my opinion however I like,
Pity that you did not give the same "privilege" to adenady when he express his opinion. :roll:

And yes, my message was aggressive because first time in many years on SB I read someone bashing other member of forum because he like some artist drawings. The share audacity to pretending that it is about some imaginary pride of other authors that it is not their works that adenady in HIS OPINION likes the most ... it is not only rude but impudent. This is not mater if artist work is in SB scale, FD scale, non-sb rules, weaponbucket or gunbucket... EVERYONE have the right to write that they like something or that he don't, or not write that at all. Everyone have the own taste, own preferences, and at least at this moment Shipbucket don't demand to praise only artist of SB-rules and bashing people who like other styles.

If you are offended that other people like different authors drawings, that's your problem. Do not put yourself in the position of the self-proclaimed defender of shipbucket rules and the extortioner of what people are supposed to like.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 7:19 pm
Ok, perhaps the opinions of this matter have now been exchanged, and we can continue with out them?

As for the matter of Ro-Po's (and anyone else particularly) work being outside the style, I think we need to come up a good solution to this issue for once and all, because arguing over it with out actions from either direction is not good for anyone who this concerns.
Im positive that there can be an outcome that would suit everyone since the issue is really down to the amount of shades, and the color value differences in between them. But such discussion can be done elsewere

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 7:26 pm
:D .. the result is clear. The guy attacked the person for his opinion, but it all came down to the problem of my work :roll: :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Ro-Po Max
Post subject: Re: Autonomous Republic of Central Caribia (ARCC)Posted: December 10th, 2020, 8:15 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 45  [ 441 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1845 »

Jump to: