Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
armyco
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 5th, 2021, 9:16 am
thegrumpykestrel wrote: *
The drawing is beautiful, but the conjugation of the wing and steering / stabilizing surfaces with the fuselage makes the use of stealth technologies in your aircraft senseless.

[Profile] [Quote]
TigerHunter1945
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 5th, 2021, 11:54 am
Amazon-Andes Fighter X Project, Fruit of Collaboration

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 5th, 2021, 12:05 pm
The submission period for the fifth generation fighter challenge has concluded. Members of the community can now access the community poll. Responses will be accepted until 23:59 UTC-12, 8 March 2021 (Countdown Timer). A new question has been added at the end of the poll. This presents three potential topics for the next challenge. Please select your preferred choice.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 5th, 2021, 12:11 pm
TigerHunter1945 wrote: *
Amazon-Andes Fighter X Project, Fruit of Collaboration
Great looking entry, TigerHunter1945. Unfortunately, I have decided to exclude the third image in your post from the poll. It includes a loyal wingman which stretches the rules a little far, and partially contradicts a decision I made on Discord prohibiting loyal wingmen other than optionally manned aircraft (apologies for not conveying this decision on the forum also).

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 6th, 2021, 10:20 am
Is there any reason why the polls are open for so short a time?
We might get more people voting if we give them time, not everyone visits the forum everyday and 2 days seems a short window for the challenge that is open for a whole month.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 6th, 2021, 8:34 pm
I would have liked to be able to see what the options were for the next Challenge.

I am certainly not going to 'vote' or comment on drawings in a challenge I have absolutely no interest in, just to get to the next challenge options.

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 6th, 2021, 8:52 pm
Hood wrote: *
Is there any reason why the polls are open for so short a time?
We might get more people voting if we give them time, not everyone visits the forum everyday and 2 days seems a short window for the challenge that is open for a whole month.
The challenge poll is normally open for four days, as is the case here (23:59, 4 March to 23:59, 8 March). The Iron-Clad Menace poll was open for five, but that's because I forgot the 31st of January existed. Why four days? Generally speaking, we receive the vast majority of responses are received in the first couple of days. The crude chart below shows the poll responses times for the Post-Cold War Large Surface Combatant challenge. You can see the drop-off in responses quite clearly, and such are curve is typical. There are, for example, already 30 responses to the Fifth Generation Fighter poll with over two and a half days before the deadline. Have you had much trouble responding within the four day period? Do you know others who are? We can consider extending the polling period if there are enough people have trouble.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kiwi Imperialist
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 6th, 2021, 9:00 pm
Krakatoa wrote: *
I would have liked to be able to see what the options were for the next Challenge.

I am certainly not going to 'vote' or comment on drawings in a challenge I have absolutely no interest in, just to get to the next challenge options.
Apologies. Next time I will list the options when posting the poll, or maybe separate the question into a second poll for people in the same situation as you. The options for the next challenge are: littoral combat ship with a non-conventional hull, river gunboat or monitor from any period, modern fleet auxiliary.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 6th, 2021, 9:51 pm
Thank you,

My interest would certainly be in the River Gunboat/monitor of any age.

[Profile] [Quote]
Defender
Post subject: Re: Fifth Generation Fighter ChallengePosted: March 7th, 2021, 2:25 am
Yqueleden wrote: *
An Imperial Germany would likely call it's airforce the 'Luftstreitkräfte', not the Luftwaffe, as the Luftwaffe is heavily associated with the Nazis. The Imperial German Air Force (or more accurately, air arm of the army) was historically the Deutsche Luftstreitkräfte, and was given it's name in 1916 (before it was referred to as the Fliegertruppen des deutschen Kaiserreiches, or Imperial Germany Flying Corps).

"We should recognize that nationalism does not mean discriminating against people of a different nationality. It simply means not allowing such people to seize our political power, for only when we Han are in control politically do we have a nation."

- Sun Yat-sen

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Drawing Challenges” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: