Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 24th, 2021, 3:04 am
Awesome work as always, my friend! :D

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 24th, 2021, 11:08 am
Added the updated Battleship H and Battleship M.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 24th, 2021, 1:36 pm
Great to see these finally touched up.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 25th, 2021, 8:23 am
Very nice work on these updates.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 25th, 2021, 1:26 pm
Battleship N°13 (Battleship K) and its 37-knot variant (Battleship O) have been updated and added to the thread.

Design N is now the only one missing.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 27th, 2021, 2:08 pm
Design N is finished as well.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 27th, 2021, 11:16 pm
Awesome work, my friend!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 30th, 2021, 2:42 pm
very interesting and beautiful ships! Love it! I wonder because Siegfried Breyer didn't mention these many variants in his books. He only mentioned the ships with the twin turrets. Maybe he didn't know about the other variants. Much later I bought a book from Futabasha press (vol. 52, published 2011) and this book shows some of the variants you depicted here, but only with 16.1" guns, no 18" guns and no ships with triple turrets, only those with twin and quadruple turrets. Maybe you have yet another source. You depicted the ships absolutely exactly here, I would say even more detailed and realistic as in the Futabasha book because the used 3D software back then was by far not so advanced than nowadays. Also your net antennas behind the conningtower is an artwork itself. Never seen before. Excellent paintings!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 30th, 2021, 3:08 pm
bugsier_060 wrote: *
very interesting and beautiful ships! Love it! I wonder because Siegfried Breyer didn't mention these many variants in his books. He only mentioned the ships with the twin turrets. Maybe he didn't know about the other variants. Much later I bought a book from Futabasha press (vol. 52, published 2011) and this book shows some of the variants you depicted here, but only with 16.1" guns, no 18" guns and no ships with triple turrets, only those with twin and quadruple turrets. Maybe you have yet another source. You depicted the ships absolutely exactly here, I would say even more detailed and realistic as in the Futabasha book because the used 3D software back then was by far not so advanced than nowadays. Also your net antennas behind the conningtower is an artwork itself. Never seen before. Excellent paintings!
Most of the 18'' gunned designs are in Kojinsha "Battleships and Battlecruisers of the Hachi-Hachi fleet"
https://www.hlj.com/battleships-and-bat ... t-kjs81504

As for the designs that included triple turrets, I can offer this, although I cannot remember anymore from which book they came:
[ img ]
[ img ]

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: Japan - BBs and BCs of the Hachi-Hachi FleetPosted: September 30th, 2021, 3:37 pm
BB1987 wrote: *
bugsier_060 wrote: *
Most of the 18'' gunned designs are in Kojinsha "Battleships and Battlecruisers of the Hachi-Hachi fleet"
https://www.hlj.com/battleships-and-bat ... t-kjs81504

As for the designs that included triple turrets, I can offer this, although I cannot remember anymore from which book they came:
[ img ]
[ img ]
WOW! Very interesting! Thanks a lot for showing me that and for the hints. Very detailed. I'll try to find out what about the first book and also I'll try to get Kojinsha book.
Thank you!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 7  [ 61 posts ]  Return to “Never-Built Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: