Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 712 »
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 15th, 2011, 6:23 am
Why the T-6 texan, rather than the Tucano? That plane is ooooolld...

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 15th, 2011, 6:39 am
I'm not getting the whole US centric view if I have to be honest. In your scenario you'd need relatively little in way of fighting forces and a whole lot more patrol forces since the virus will keep the commies away and the UK has no East of Suez commitments.
The Soviets will be tied up completely trying to keep their border secure.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 15th, 2011, 10:46 am
Firstly the the T-6 was bought in 1984 and it remains in service to this day, the RAF are looking at 2014 being the date when a new trainer competition will begin.

Further to the discussion regarding US centric fleet, well you're right regarding the fact that patrol ships were essential, now they are a necessary part of the fleet.

From 1979 to 1986 the Royal Navy spent the majority of its efforts maintaining the Quarantine zone, especially at the English channel and the channel islands. The virus which spread through the water meant that the spread continued at a steady pace, and created a nightmare with regards to refugees that could possibly be contaminated. The decision was taken that the contamination zone must be kept in place for 30 years minimum.
After the contamination zone had been set up defending boarders for those countries conected with land became a constant battle. This battle has now slowed to simple upkeep, with those who have survived so far staying well away from boarders, where shooting is the only option. Since 1989 the boarders have remained quiet save the odd situation.

One of the biggest impacts on Britain was the loss of the European markets for its good, with much of Europe now gone the UK began looking for new markets. The Commonwealth became its biggest trading partner nations with the US second. It became clear that the sea lanes were vital to the survival of the UK and Spain, the created the European Naval commission (the US sat in as well to add views). The development of the ENC also allowed UK and Spanish defence firms to work together to design and build the new generation of war ships needed to keep the sea lanes free.

The rise and rise of China, has led to the further development of the fleet. More to come - the RN is back east of Suez and has developed a new base with spain at Diego Garcia. More to come - have to go out to lunch.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 15th, 2011, 10:56 am
Quote:
Firstly the the T-6 was bought in 1984 and it remains in service to this day, the RAF are looking at 2014 being the date when a new trainer competition will begin.
Except the RAF doesn't use the T-6 for training. It uses this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Tucano
There is no reason for the RAF no too still have the Tucano.

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 16th, 2011, 10:20 am
I'm changing this to a Stan hyd and barnest2 project :lol:

If you could point me in the direction of a short tucano drawing I'll change it - sod :P

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 16th, 2011, 10:29 am
There is one here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... Attack.png
It's on the bottom left.
Sorry, I just know what the trainer planes are :D they fly over my house from their base every day :D
(We got the red arrows practising once as well.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 16th, 2011, 11:01 am
Once again on the note of the premise-isn't Ebola one of those diseases that are too lethal for biowarfare? I'm not doubting the premise of a disease killing of continental Europe west of the Iron Curtain, however, but I don't recall Ebola being the optimal virus.

That being said, however, these are fantastic ships.

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 16th, 2011, 11:19 am
I can't comment on the story, but having looked at the ships I was interested in the 'Jersey' class, which looks like a RN Perry class, quite intriguing. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 16th, 2011, 12:43 pm
It takes some ques from the Perry/ some from the Type 21 and some from some other designs. Basically I wanted a cheap frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 26th, 2011, 5:57 pm
So following on from the Type 21 replacement, Thinking about this being the planned Type 23 replacement with work due to begin on the first ship in 2013.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 712 »

Jump to: