Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 13th, 2011, 11:52 pm
Welcome on board ;) A fine vessel and drawing too. The other mates have already given you proper advice so only praise from me :D

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 14th, 2011, 10:07 am
Thanks for the advises guys, I'll do my best to correct the errors!
I have followed the forum about a year now! I am active member in the Wesworld,
there i was following mine way of drawing than this one here, biger scale and more details
but 2-3 months now I am drawing in Shipbucket's style too!
There are plenty warships of the Greek Navy awaiting for posting such as the real life
G.Averof, BB Hydra, DD Leon, DD Vasilefs Georgios.The Never build BB Salamis, BB Vasilefs Konstantinos
and many other...

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 14th, 2011, 11:18 am
Here it is...a corrected version of the first drawing!...any mistakes you see pls let me know!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 14th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Beside real life Greek Ships,comes the alternate Royal Hellenic Navy.As I said,I have in mind a reversed engineered version of Elli with catapult and two hydroplanes.

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 14th, 2011, 4:16 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
Beside real life Greek Ships,comes the alternate Royal Hellenic Navy.As I said,I have in mind a reversed engineered version of Elli with catapult and two hydroplanes.
Interesting idea mate! I can't wait to see her...

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 14th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Good progress

few things still:

The searchligth, should be facing sideways, not centerline.
You should propably use the one found on this equipment sheet:

Also, you should use the boat supporting rigs from here too
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 15th, 2011, 2:44 pm
Here are the last corrections of the Elli drawing...I fix the most of the errors as the port holes, the hull colour, the mast,
the funnels pipes and the search light! As per boats supporting rigs i will not change them because real life Elli had no davids for lowering the boats ( exept the aft boats) the center boats were lowering by the 2 cranes between the funnels so these i have drawn here are more close to the real one!
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 15th, 2011, 2:49 pm
Looking very good. I'm easy on folks drawing their own davits, these ones look a little odd at the top without the standard 3-pixel width though. Generally though a a newbie ship its damn good if we can only find nitpicks on the davits!
Welcome aboard Navarchos.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 15th, 2011, 2:51 pm
I agree with hood, if only thing remaining is nitpicks of davits, then we are on good waters ;)
anyway you could still change the after boats davids to the "standard" ones, or atleast drawn them so that there wouldn't be overlapsing black pixels.
Also my point about the hull color was that the actuall hull needs to be bit darker than the upper works (deckhouses and superstructures)

[Profile] [Quote]
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek Minelaying Cruiser VP "ELLI"Posted: May 15th, 2011, 3:08 pm
Ok got it! I will add some corrections more as per your instructions guys!
I hope when i finish and it's all ok to see my drawing at the Greece's link...if the Authors agree ... :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 23 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: