Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Navarchos
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 15th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Remaking the original design i put one big funnel instead of two small, the accomodation hull moved more fwd and all the equipment moved accordingly! Also i increased the width of the hull for the top weight!
All these changes, reminds me a small version of a FREMM frigate...( i didn't plan it :mrgreen: )
[ img ]
Now if a corvette is useless at the Aegean sea...I don't think so...
A corvette is cheaper (cost of building, operation & maintenance), smaller so can easylly hide behind the noumerus small rocky islands of Aegen sea (years now tactic of greek FACs), powerfull platform of weapons (in this case the ship has equipment of a 90s-2005 frigate, a corvette is the ideal ship for large patrols in the eastern Meditteranean sea and probation of the big west , south and east Greek Εxclusive Economic Zone! Ofcourse a compination of frigates ,corvettes & FACs will be the best, with the corvettes & FACs to be the bigger part of the fleet and the frigates to be a smaller part...

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 16th, 2011, 1:28 am
I like your corvette and I agree with you, that such a vessel is suitable in the Aegaian See. But you have to do something with your CoA (Coats of Arms)! I'll guess that it's from a picture in jpg-format and cock-eyed too. In part sheets discussion is a thread "Coats of Arms for naval vessels" where you can find a matrix for the Hellenic Navy ;) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1095

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Greek, Multiporpose Corvete DesignPosted: May 16th, 2011, 7:08 am
apart from the points I already mentioned, only 1 minor thingie: the oto 76 gun is drawn much better.... it is on this sheet
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc31 ... umguns.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: