Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 812 »
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 26th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Very Nice Conceptual Design although ESSM would be useful....and you need directors and IMO better radar

Nick

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 1:34 pm
Slight update on the design. I don't want this to creep too much into being an Air Defence Frigate, because that's not what this is.

The RN have been looking at a replacement for the Type 23 since 2006 and The first Guard Class Frigate is now due of the line in 2013 a total order book standing at 14 - but with options for 4 more.

The Type 21 is due to continue its Low end role until 2020, but with an update the removal of the Sea Sparrow missile in 2012 and a new Ram launcher added.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 1:37 pm
I'm gonna keep on bugging you about that texan :lol:
Also, nice ship. The weapon placements look good, and from just the layout it can be a good anti-ship and patrol frigate.

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 1:53 pm
changed the planes you pain in the ass :P

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 3:05 pm
I have been sated... for now :P
It looks cool. Is this just a project for drawing ships, or are you going to be doing anything with it?

[Profile] [Quote]
stan hyd
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 3:39 pm
when I get time I intend to show how the UK progressed from 1979 to now showing what has happened else where that has an impact on the UK and why it has ended up with the navy it has.

I also want to look at join projects between the UK/Australia/NZ and Canada. Italian Navy filling in for the lack of a French Navy in Med and lastly the close work between Spain and UK.

And to draw more ships :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 27th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Couldn't the Tucanos and Hawks be used in a non-trainer role, to patrol the channel from the air without tying up more expensive, more powerful assets?

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 28th, 2011, 9:02 am
The hawks certainly could :P
I know the red arrows are trained to fight them in combat (well, supposedly) after taking taking on weapons loud outs...
Of course this is one of those whole 'if england comes under direct attack' things...

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 28th, 2011, 12:19 pm
You can weaponize anything within reason if you need to. Though the usefulness of them would be doubtful.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Great Britain - AUPosted: May 28th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
You can weaponize anything within reason if you need to. Though the usefulness of them would be doubtful.
They're about as effective as the early harriers (like the falklands ones), and armed similarly, with sidewinder and gun pods.
But I think the point is when you're being invaded, you will use any aircraft you can stick weapons on. So yes, we would probably use hawks, tucanos, even light aircraft with 100 pound dumb bombs :P
Oh, the hawk can mount ASRAAM as well. So they wouldn't be terrible fighters, just not amazing...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 12  [ 113 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 812 »

Jump to: