Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
APDAF
Post subject: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 9th, 2011, 10:38 pm
Hello I am new here and I need help on something.
I cannot find Dreadnought type battleship hulls.

I have used search and found nothing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 9th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Are you after a blank hull or just another ship to base your drawing on?

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 9th, 2011, 11:27 pm
There are no blank hulls to base your design upon. If you don't want to start from scratch you'll have to use someone else's drawing as a base and this means you'll have to credit the original author in the credits section of your drawing.
For completed drawings check this link: http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Real%20Designs

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 3:25 am
This is going to approximate a turbine-driven early dreadnought, at least below the waterline:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 2:59 pm
I need just a blank hull.

Thats a pre-Dreadnought as not all of the guns are of the all big concept.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Go to the mainsite and take your pick. Stripping of the superstructure shouldn't take long

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 3:02 pm
APDAF wrote:
I need just a blank hull.

klagsdf wrote:
This is going to approximate a turbine-driven early dreadnought, at least below the waterline:
That's exactly what he said.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 7:48 pm
APDAF wrote:
It's from an AU, but it's basically a dreadnought hull with pre-dreadnought armament. The biggest different between a dreadnought hull and a pre-dreadnought hull is that a dreadnought hull is longer and has turbines (and typically four props).

If you want a dreadnought example, here you go, though it's pretty much the same hull anyway:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 10th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Anyway all this discussion shouldn't be here, as it does not contain parts. A whole hull is not a part, you credit the original artist when you use it.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Need help with Battleship hullsPosted: June 11th, 2011, 2:12 am
if you want I'll draw a hull for you, just give me the dimensions

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: