Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 
denodon
Post subject: Sieranian K Class Standard FreighterPosted: July 10th, 2011, 4:31 am
[ img ]

First fully Shipbucket style image I've drawn. It's supposed to represent one of the small coastal steamers that operate around the coasts of my AU nation Sieran in the 1930's (the nation in the real world is the Russian province of Chukotka only in this timeline it became independent after the October Manifesto of 1905).

I have no idea if the shading is right as its never been my strong point.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Sieranian K Class Standard FreighterPosted: July 10th, 2011, 4:41 am
Wow that's an amazing first drawing!

I'm pretty sure the shadings pretty good, we'll see what others (with better monitors than I :lol: ) have to say

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Tago Class DestroyerPosted: July 10th, 2011, 5:58 am
Here is an edited version of my Tago Class destroyer design to try and get it closer to SS style than the original drawing. Could post the Springsharp specs if desired.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Raven
Post subject: Re: Sieranian K Class Standard FreighterPosted: July 10th, 2011, 11:01 pm
You should be able to pull a set of torpedo launchers from one of the parts sheets, otherwise a very good start.

By This Sign You Will Conquer

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Sieranian K Class Standard FreighterPosted: July 11th, 2011, 12:52 pm
Sure he could. But there's no need to change torp launchers while this is a completely own design. Ok, they look a bit bulky, so what.
The bow instead looks like ww1-era ships while all other parts feature 40ies style.
The hydrodynamic knowledge of this time would have denied that bowshape.
Or did you want it to look exactly that way?

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Sieranian K Class Standard FreighterPosted: July 12th, 2011, 7:52 am
I intended for that destroyer for the bow shape to be a hybrid or experiment by the shipyard as the previous class of destroyers (not drawn yet) were blunt to ram-style bows of pre-WW1 designs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only”

Jump to: