Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
CanisD
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 12:41 am
Heh, Cunard forgot one of their queens in that picture. Technically Berengaria should be one of them since she was named after a queen.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 2:11 am
Are those to scale? Is the QM1 really that small? And I thought the Vistas were larger than QM2.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 2:48 am
klagldsf wrote:
Are those to scale? Is the QM1 really that small? And I thought the Vistas were larger than QM2.
No, No, and No.

RMS Queen Mary and RMS Queen Elizabeth were both longer than RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, but shorter than RMS Queen Mary 2.

Both MS Queen Victoria and MS Queen Elizabeth are longer and displace more than RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, but are shorter than, and have less displacement than RMS Queen Mary 2.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 7:00 am
Novice wrote:
Vista class and other Cunards Queens still try to resemble a ship.
[ img ]
they sure do. the other Vista class ships ,especially those with Hollands America Lines look good also. I actually have a opportunity to go aboard the MS Westerdam another Vista class ship for a church function in July which i intend to exploit.

I also kind of like the Conquest and Splendor/Concordia, Dream class's of Carnival; they uses a good development technique that has given their fleet a good degree of commonality. The Jewel class of Norwegian, and the Disney ships.

Anyway in my studies of this I have found that Fincanteria since 1996 has built 20 ships of the Conquest to Dream family of ships (steadily growing from 100 kt to 130kt.) 12 of which are in service with Carnival cruise lines. They have also built two ships for Dinesy which could be called Magic class, and 11 Vista and improved Vista or Signature class ships. All in all 33 ships in excess of 70kt, that is pretty impressive in my book. If you actually look closely you can tell the Vista class and the Carnival 100+KT family of ships are related.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 12:39 pm
I was on MS Veendam back in '08 and she was a very nice ship to look at. I'll see if I can dig up any pictures from that trip.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: June 11th, 2011, 8:11 pm
The Cunard Queens I posted are not to the same scale, as mentioned. Also CanisD is right about the Berengaria, but as it is a publicity poster some mistakes are to be expected.
I do love the look of the Cunard Queens, and also the looks of the Holland America ships, the ships of Disney also have something about their look which says this is a passenger ship.
I think all of them have one thing in common and that is a black (or at least a very dark color) hull. The Cunards and Disney ships also have red funnels, which also IMHO contributes to that look.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: July 10th, 2011, 5:23 am
Those Cunarders are alright but still aren't a proper Cunard Ship in my opinion;

[ img ]
Now that's a Cundarder.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: comprehensive review of some of the major cruise line shPosted: July 10th, 2011, 5:40 am
denodon wrote:
Now that's a Cundarder.
You mean [insert tasteless joke here]?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: