Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 955 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 9th, 2011, 10:16 am
The Oncoming Storm,
There was indeed a six-seater Vulcan, the Phase 6 Stretched, it had a plug behind the cockpit and had six crew all on forward-facing ejector seats plus a small galley and loo. IMHO its damn ugly and since the basic Phase 6 mods could be retrofitted to the B.2 fleet this option I've shown was the more likely to go ahead had Skybolt not been cancelled.

Chris Gibson;s new book 'Vulcan's Hammer: V-Force Projects and Weapons Since 1945' is an excellent read. It's given me some further ideas. I may do further Vulcan B.3s with weapons like the BAC X-12...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 9th, 2011, 4:26 pm
No words to describe the Vulcan B3 and the Saro 177.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 10th, 2015, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 9th, 2011, 6:39 pm
Thanks for the infor Hood, I'd always assumed the six seater was the "base" Phase 6, I am planning to get Vulcan's Hammer but I've a lot of other reading to get through!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 12th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Congratulations Chaps, for a wizard show of super aircraft; its been a joy to find more when I got back from my holiday :D

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 3:39 am
It is just too cool to past over! just a small change with the export version, I added a gun instead of the rocket pod.
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 3:58 am
Great schemes Darthpanda!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 8:16 am
Oh YES! :D Excellent versions (though still fanciful - but so what?) Seeing the P.1121 in camouflage and markings shows how the actual built aircraft would have looked; in fact it was a fairly large aircraft and for some reason evokes the Republic Thunderchief in my imagination.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 9:19 am
oh YES indeed! DP we love you!!!!

[Quote]
The Oncoming Storm
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Thank you Darth Panda! :P :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: August 17th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Those are incredibly cool DP!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 955 »

Jump to: