Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Colosseum
Post subject: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 6:17 am
Here's the ship as she appeared in 1943, before a Mare Island refit. I plan to draw the refit as well but ran out of time tonight.

[ img ]

And as always, some new parts that came about with Baltimore:

[ img ]

The refit in 1944 created larger funnel bases, revamped the bridge, and rearranged the radar fits, adding a second SG set and relocating the SK set to the foremast. I'll try to get around to it tomorrow but I'm quite busy with school so no promises... even drawing this one was a major exercise in procrastination on my part!

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 6:28 am
Now here is the impressive Baltimore, what bout' doing a revised version of the two CG conversions?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 6:44 am
I am not really interested in post-1945 vessels. If you want I can provide a clean copy of this ship with no railings/riggings/light AA etc to make the conversion process easier.

The Albany CG-10 is already done and in the archive, though. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else do the Boston CAG refits.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 7:15 am
Nice work.
Colosseum wrote:
I am not really interested in post-1945 vessels. If you want I can provide a clean copy of this ship with no railings/riggings/light AA etc to make the conversion process easier.

The Albany CG-10 is already done and in the archive, though. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else do the Boston CAG refits.
:|
Link to CAG-1 Boston.

Now the other Galveston and both Providence class variants haven't been drawn if that is what you mean.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 11:29 am
I know that Thiel (?) started the CGN-11 Chicago but has never finished it. I am, however keenly interested in both the post1945 Los Angeles and Helena, so maybe, with your permission, Colo? Okie' been made though w/o ships boats, so can be converted to Little Rock. Hull can also be used to do Springfield and Providence, though Galveston and Topeka are little trickier. But I sure wouldn't mind a go at them also...

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 11:38 am
bezobrazov wrote:
I know that Thiel (?) started the CGN-11 Chicago but has never finished it.
I did? That's news to me

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 12:14 pm
Well, I'm sorry, my friend! Have to go dig up that blasted name then! But it's somewhere in progression; I could finish it since I have quite excellent source material, but I guess I'll first have to sort out who to ask...
As for the submitted CAG-1 Boston, I believe by Midnightnova, it's note very good, alas. I've checked and rechecked it, but it needs to be redone...

edit: it's erik_t, who's working on the CGN-11 Chicago. i apologize for the confusion earlier!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 3:00 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Well, I'm sorry, my friend! Have to go dig up that blasted name then! But it's somewhere in progression; I could finish it since I have quite excellent source material, but I guess I'll first have to sort out who to ask...
As for the submitted CAG-1 Boston, I believe by Midnightnova, it's note very good, alas. I've checked and rechecked it, but it needs to be redone...

edit: it's erik_t, who's working on the CGN-11 Chicago. i apologize for the confusion earlier!

Erik did yes. see people's worklist topic.

[Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 3:32 pm
CG (no N), but yes, that's still sitting half-finished somewhere. I'll get to it eventually... damn thesis.

Nice work on Baltimore, as always.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: CA-68 USS BaltimorePosted: February 1st, 2012, 4:48 pm
As far as I know, the Galveston and Providence conversions were done off Cleveland hulls (markedly different than the Baltimore). I drew the Cleveland class quite some time ago so the hull is there if you guys want to draw the missile cruiser refits.
Quote:
I know that Thiel (?) started the CGN-11 Chicago but has never finished it. I am, however keenly interested in both the post1945 Los Angeles and Helena, so maybe, with your permission, Colo? Okie' been made though w/o ships boats, so can be converted to Little Rock. Hull can also be used to do Springfield and Providence, though Galveston and Topeka are little trickier. But I sure wouldn't mind a go at them also...
You are free to convert any of these ships to whatever you want. All I'm planning on doing is to draw the 1944 refit, and possibly the Oregon City after that, but this is all dependent on whether or not I get swamped with schoolwork in the next few days...

e: I may also just suck it up and convert the late-war Brooklyn to the Belgrano... seems a lot of folks get a kick out of saying they're going to draw Belgrano and then they don't actually do it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 27 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: