Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 »
KES Paige captain
Post subject: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:22 am
I need help on the tower just forward of the tall RADAR. Also, make changes you find.
please make your own copy and post it, or give tips, please

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:28 am
MANY THANKS TO DANZIG. I HEAVILY MODIFIED HIS SHIP. I think the ship he drew was the best i have ever seen on shipbucket.

Last edited by KES Paige captain on February 13th, 2012, 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:39 am
what is this I don't even.....
I suggest something else to use as base. because danzig's work, well at least this one, is top level crap that could not float. I am not even going to comment on this drawing, because to make it work you would basically have to start anew.

and the fact that you think danzig made the best ship...... bloody hell how is that even possible.

[Profile]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:41 am
It might be a little too much as far as the turrets go with 16 of them. I doubt there is enough room for ammo storage for that many main guns. The Mk 4 terrier launcher is a bit outdated compared to the rest of the ship.

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:54 am
wow, you guys are tough. I just started in ship bucket. help me out, And i meant the appearance of the haul is pretty cool

[Profile]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 6:56 am
Also, if you are building a modern battleship, that ancient missile system is out of the question.
It's about 50 years out of date as it is.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:12 am
KES Paige captain wrote:
wow, you guys are tough. I just started in ship bucket. help me out, And i meant the appearance of the haul is pretty cool
People are sort of expected to, you know, know a bit about ship design before they start drawing. We don't require much... just the ability to recognize that this many guns on one hull isn't practical for the obvious reasons listed above.

There are days where I feel like our members are too tough on new people. But unfortunately today is not one of those days.

We are not being mean or tough. Most of us have been doing this for quite some time and so patience with this sort of design is thin.

As always, my advice is to look at real ships for inspiration and go from there. Perhaps you could even choose a real ship that does not yet have a drawing and endeavor to draw it! Instead of using shipbucket as your personal Lego set to make as many wankish designs (like the OP), you could be helping us to fill the archive with real ships (the point of Shipbucket)!

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:21 am
oh. i read the conversation acelanceloet and DANZIG had about this exact ship. LOL!
version with mini sub;

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:26 am
... that's not a minisub, that's a DSRV (Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle). Now your battleship is a deepsea rescue vessel?

PLEASE, for the love of all that's holy, do some research about what you're putting on your ships!!!

You can start by deleting this whole mess and starting over from scratch!

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 7:27 am
i will make a new, smaller battleship based on this one, and without 16 turrets, of course, later.
Thinks for the advice everyone!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: