Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 517 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Shipbucket Ranting threadPosted: February 20th, 2012, 6:02 pm
All you silly children with your fancy shading and torpedoes being displayed... MConrads would shake his head!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 6:14 pm
Colosseum wrote:
All you silly children with your fancy shading and torpedoes being displayed... MConrads would shake his head!
and I the Norwegian one will watch!

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I think MConrads would be quite happy that times and standards move on and indeed improve. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 7:12 pm
:/ Suit yourselves.

I believe his method of drawing ships outshines even the nicest new ships when executed properly.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 8:54 pm
Well, I'm sorry that you so disapprove of my attempt at an upgrade, Ian.

Yes, it would be very interesting to know what MConrad might have to say.

Now, i can see one great benefit if we're showing the weapons types including torpedoes: there's been classes of ships with stern- and bow-mounted torpedo tubes; sometimes firing a different torpedo compared to the 'normal' outfit carried. Such types were the German Type 101A and the Audace-class before the 1980s.The italian Maestrales (which i actually have an upgrade of!) still have stern-mounted ASuW torpedo sytem (553 mm)!

Whether to actually place them adjacent to the missiles is a wholly different issue, which i refrain from commenting!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 8:56 pm
...and Ian, to label me a child is not exactly appropriate. I am 46 and have been dealing with ships and naval matters for the past 34 years or so... so I do believe I may have a few years advantage on you still... (said in all friendliness! :) )

[Profile] [Quote]
SHIPDUDE
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Logically torpedoes should be displayed beneath the ship!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 9:34 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Quote:
Well, I'm sorry that you so disapprove of my attempt at an upgrade, Ian.
I'm not talking specifically about you but rather about everyone in general. And do note that I said "when executed properly", not "all the time".
Quote:
Now, i can see one great benefit if we're showing the weapons types including torpedoes: there's been classes of ships with stern- and bow-mounted torpedo tubes; sometimes firing a different torpedo compared to the 'normal' outfit carried. Such types were the German Type 101A and the Audace-class before the 1980s.The italian Maestrales (which i actually have an upgrade of!) still have stern-mounted ASuW torpedo sytem (553 mm)!
I have nothing against showing torpedoes.
Quote:
Whether to actually place them adjacent to the missiles is a wholly different issue, which i refrain from commenting!
If anything I prefer a system placing torpedoes below the ship for clarity's sake.
Quote:
...and Ian, to label me a child is not exactly appropriate. I am 46 and have been dealing with ships and naval matters for the past 34 years or so... so I do believe I may have a few years advantage on you still... (said in all friendliness! :) )
That's fine and dandy but I've been drawing ships in this format longer than 90% of this board and I believe I can speak with some authority on style changes and whatnot. As I've stated before, how you guys draw your ships doesn't matter to me... I was just making a joke. :P Especially now that I'm no longer part of the staff here... what others do no longer concerns me! As far as I'm concerned I will continue to draw the "old" way and you guys can do whatever you want!

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Italy's Primadonnas - Part Deux - De la Penne & MimbelliPosted: February 20th, 2012, 10:51 pm
Colosseum wrote:
[ img ]
Sir, request permission to laugh, sir!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 17  [ 163 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 517 »

Jump to: