Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Hood
Post subject: Re: First try from scratch, very WIPPosted: October 24th, 2010, 9:00 am
I think it looks good as an AU ship, using US and British parts always makes a ship look one nation or another. I'd rather that than trying to draw own nation turrets and ending up with 180mm chainguns and masses of 50ft long cruise missiles etc. It looks neat and balanced.

Still looks a little plain, maybe add some panel lines to the funnel, some ladders etc. Don't go mad with details but at the mment it looks a little sparse. Again that's another fine line.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: First try from scratch, very WIPPosted: October 24th, 2010, 7:02 pm
The 40mm mounts seem much too planned. In pretty much every navy, such light weapons were strewn about wherever they would fit, but they certainly never determined the layout to the extent seen here.

[Profile] [Quote]
josephw71
Post subject: Re: First try from scratch, very WIPPosted: October 24th, 2010, 8:35 pm
Well, I think I'm going to stop now with this one, I'm satisfied with it, got some great feed back, lots to think about. Just a few thoughts to a degree any thoughtful original design is going to look like an existing design. There are only so many practical ways to design a turret or a gun director. I do this to relax, I work a stressful job and am going back to school after 10 years (yikes) so I find personal satisfaction in designing turrets and they're going to look like others, but I have fun doing it. I don't like lots of little greebles all over the place, but it can't be too plain. Anyways, I present to you the the SS Don't Have a Name Yet.

P.S. I did plan to have the 40mm there, that's why it looks like that, more an aesthetics thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: