Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
Satirius
Post subject: First PostPosted: October 31st, 2010, 5:35 am
First try at actually doing something

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 9:23 pm
The technical side of the drawings look like a decent first shot at Shipbucket style (says the cronic cut-n-paster...) but I do think you need to give a LOT more thought to the actual ship designs. Taking your G- class corvette...
  • Needless duplication of Anti-ship missiles (the Chinese one mounted in the borrowed Exocet launchers amidship and Naval Strike Missiles mounted aft).
  • Unlikely to be enough room there for ammo for the Ikara launcher you've got mounted on the stern (and for a medium range ASW weapon you would want more than one shot).
  • The Cretol SAM launcher fowards is going to be heavily exposed to spray and waves coming over the bow with negative effects of reliability (such as, in the case of heavy seas, being ripped clean off).
  • While not strictly compulsory it would be usual for a Corvette to cary a 57-76mm class gun foward.
Lastly, my gut feeling is that the podded propulsion system is probably not suited for vessels of this size and type (though you would need to bother the engineer-in-training or our resident naval architect to get a firm answer on that rather than trust the oceanographer...).

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 2nd, 2010, 10:24 pm
The first is a mish-mash of systems. You've got a short range SAM, Chinese SSM, European SSM, and a(n) (depreciated) Australian ASW weapon (without the space to mount it), oh and no exhaust on either.

Even if you wanted to go podded on ships this small (I'm not sure if it would be worth the complexity issues for what is supposed to be a cheap craft) the pod wouldn't be that big.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 1:31 am
I see. Might take into consideration, might just take lessons learned for the future.

e: anything wrong with 550?

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 1:57 am
Satirius wrote:
anything wrong with 550?
What's the 550 meant to be? The hull looks kinda mine-sweeperish yet it's got an armoument more in line with missile armed fast attack craft or even a corvette.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 3:24 am
Satirius wrote:
I see. Might take into consideration, might just take lessons learned for the future.

She's to heavy, and lacks any engine intake or exhaust.

No ship that size is going to mount 8 medium size SSMs and a Mk-29 GMLS.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 8:26 am
The ships are definitly overarmed or to small for all that armament. Take a close look at existing designs. If you do a fictious design, think about mission, size, machinery etc. Otherwise you do some ridiculous comic-thing you don't wanted.

Last edited by Ashley on November 4th, 2010, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Satirius
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 2:25 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Satirius wrote:

She's to heavy, and lacks any engine intake or exhaust.

No ship that size is going to mount 8 medium size SSMs and a Mk-29 GMLS.
I was actually thinking of the two-tube Harpoon-like boxes (that over-under dealio in the partsheet) instead of the four-tube one.

Points noted for intake/exhaust.

What kind of SAM launcher would fit into a ship that size? Do I have to go go MANPADS?

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: First PostPosted: November 3rd, 2010, 6:07 pm
Satirius wrote:
What kind of SAM launcher would fit into a ship that size? Do I have to go go MANPADS?
Yep, you're looking at MANPADs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to β€œBeginners Only”

Jump to: