Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 44  [ 440 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 544 »
eswube
Post subject: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:44 pm
Messrs. Rhade and Eswube gladly introduce the "Polish Wings" thread. :)
It is our intent to present in FD scale as many as is possible of the aircraft that flew under the Polish flag. :ugeek:

First segment (done by abovesigned Eswube and planned for several parts) is devoted to the history of Polish airlines, or more specifically, Polish Flag Carrier "Lot" and it's predecessors.

Language note: airline in Polish is "linia lotnicza" (plur.: "linie lotnicze"), but before revision of orthography that took place in 1935 it was written "linja lotnicza" ("linje lotnicze"). Throughout the text I shall use form proper for the year of the described events/planes.

Disclaimer: this thread has no commercial purpose, I am in no way connected to Polish Airlines "LOT". It is done purely for historical and hobbystic purpose.

Polskie Towarzystwo Żeglugi Napowietrznej

First attempt to create airline in Poland dates back to 1919, when the Polskie Towarzystwo Żeglugi Napowietrznej (Polish Society for Aerial Navigation) was created, with its shareholders being Government of Poland, British company Handley-Page Transport and group of Polish entrepreneurs. Although actual operations never actually started, the line managed to acquire single Handley-Page O/400 airplane. It was based at Warsaw's Pole Mokotowskie airfield (still with British markings) and maintained by military technicians. There were plans to comission the aircraft into military service (although adapted as passenger aircraft, it still had bomb racks and machine-gun stations intact), but ultimately it was scrapped in 1926.

Poland, Handley-Page O/400
[ img ]

"Aero-Targ" Spółka Akcyjna z o.o.

First actual Polish airline, albeit short-lived was "Aero-Targ" Spółka Akcyjna z o.o. ("Aero-Fair" Joint-Stock Company Ltd.) that was formed in 1921 for the purpose of operating line Warsaw-Poznań and Poznań-Gdańsk (then called Danzig) during Poznań International Fair. It used six Junkers F-13 planes loaned from the based in the Free City of Gdańsk airline Danziger Luftpost.

Poland, Junkers F-13
[ img ]

Polska Linja Lotnicza "Aerolloyd" S.A. z o.o./Polska Linja Lotnicza "Aerolot" S.A.

In the 1922 the company Polska Linja Lotnicza "Aerolloyd" S.A. z o.o. (Polish Air Line "Aerolloyd JSC Ltd.) was created as a semi-private (subsidized by the government) entity. It opened connections between Warsaw and Gdańsk, Lwów, Kraków (from 1923) and Vienna (from 1925). In 1925 it also changed its name from "Aerolloyd" to "Aerolot" (Aeroflight).

Initially Aerollyoyd's fleet consisted of six Junkers F-13 airplanes (P-PALA "Adam", P-PALB "Bronek", P-PALC "Cezar", P-PALD "Daniel", P-PALE "Edward", P-PALF "Franek"). In 1923 three more were added (P-PALG "Gustaw", P-PALH "Henryk", P-PALK "Karol"), in 1925 another three (P-PALL "Ludwik", P-PALM "Mietek", P-PALN "Nasiek) and final four in 1926 (P-PALO "Olek", P-PALP "Paweł", P-PALR "Roman", P-PALS "Stefan").

Poland, Junkers F-13
[ img ]

In the 1925 Aerolot attempted to open international airline Warsaw-Gdańsk-Malmo-Copenhague. For that purpose one Junkers G-23W was obtained from Junkers factory in Sweden and registered as P-PAWA, but after trial flight on the planned line it was returned to producer. Year later another attempt was made, but this time plane wasn't bought but only loaned (registration number S-504), although after several weeks it also returned to factory.

Poland, Junkers G-23
[ img ]

"Aero" Komunikacja Powietrzna S.A.

Next airline was created in 1925 and was named "Aero" Komunikacja Powietrzna S.A. ("Aero" Aerial Communication JSC). It operated line between Warsaw and Poznań and later to Łódź. It used five French-built Farman F.70 planes (P-POZA, P-POZB, P-POZC, P-POZD, P-POZE), however due to very fragile and unreliable engines rarely more than one or two were serviceable at any given time.

Poland, Farman F.70
[ img ]

Last edited by eswube on February 8th, 2015, 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:49 pm
i'm speechless, this might become one of the best threads here.
keeps them coming guys!

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:52 pm
Wow. Just wow. Awesome work guys! I can't wait to see more.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:19 pm
BB1987 wrote:
This is not even start lad ... Eswube prepare insane number of planes and with my little help we will present them all.

For now I'm long way from home and try to make my part of work as fast as I can but I'm light years behind eswube. He is a very, VERY! talented bucketer. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 8:22 pm
BB1987 wrote:
keeps them coming guys!
I second the motion what an excellent idea, looking forward to see other designs

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 9:52 pm
Well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 9:55 pm
This is really excellent! :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Thank You Mates! :)
I hope You'll like next parts too (I hope to add them on a more-or-less weekly basis, but can't guarantee that at all).

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 4th, 2013, 10:48 pm
excellent thread, very informative and beautiful drawings. Keep it up lads!, waiting to see more.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
KimWerner
Post subject: Re: Polish WingsPosted: January 5th, 2013, 1:41 am
Excelent :D Beautiful drawings and good historical facts then it can not be better :!: Looking forward to the continuing ;)

All relevant Coat of Arms

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 44  [ 440 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 544 »

Jump to: