Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3355 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 14th, 2013, 3:27 pm
Ooooooo... baby Globemaster. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Cascadia
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 14th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Reminds me of the Kawasaki C-1.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 14th, 2013, 6:39 pm
Excellent drawing!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 18th, 2013, 6:26 pm
You've made an old seadog happy mates, its joy to see these designs being brought to life :D

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 20th, 2013, 4:48 am
That HS. 681 is a beautiful aircraft. Shame she was never built :( .

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 20th, 2013, 2:28 pm
[ img ]
Vickers VC.7 of BOAC circa 1962.

[ img ]
Vickers V.1000 in RAF service with Transport Command circa 1963.

The Vickers V.1000/ VC.7 is another famous British cancelled project. Concerns over weight, lack of RAF funds and BOAC's desire to buy Boeing all combined to kill this aircraft. Its death has been blamed for Britain's consequent lack of long-range airliners and ability to compete with the Americans in the long-haul market. Personally, I feel the weight issue was one that was publicised by the Ministry of Supply to justify cancellation and I feel the Rolls-Royce Conway could have been developed (as it was for the 707) to enable Transatlantic flights. The take-off may have been an issue fully laden for RAF use but as aircraft got bigger the answer was bigger runways anyway. A sad end perhaps to what might have been an achievable product, its just a shame that Vickers couldn't have got more of its Viscount customers interested. But, perhaps, in 1954, when airlines were still sceptical about jet travel being economic, and as the Comet showed such aircraft might be complicated to operate safely, and when long-haul big airliners (the VC.7 was wider than the 707) were perhaps too big for the market it was always a going to face an uphill struggle.

Basic VC.7 Blank
[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

Last edited by Hood on November 2nd, 2014, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 20th, 2013, 3:57 pm
It to me almost seems to share the story of the Bristol Brabazon only the Brabazon was built and did fly in sole prototype form. An aircraft that had potential but was curtailed by other factors.

Excellent drawings, the BOAC livery was always very smart looking.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 20th, 2013, 5:31 pm
Another excellent work! :)

Watching this thread is a mix of great drawings and interesting information with sadness about all these missed chances.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 21st, 2013, 2:04 pm
Very nice looking.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Project Cancelled: The Alternative What-If British AircrPosted: May 22nd, 2013, 9:15 am
TJ wanted a blank for some AU work so I'm posting it here too for anyone else to make use of if they wish.
[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 55  [ 549 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 3355 »

Jump to: