Greek Ironclad RHNS Vasilissa Olga 1870
The Greek ironclad Vasilissa Olga, named for Queen Olga of Greece, served in the Royal Hellenic Navy from 1870 to 1925. She was the first of two Hellenic Navy ships to bear this name.
The ship was ordered from the Austro-Hungarian shipbuilder Stabilimento Tecnico Triestino at 1969. Vasilissa Olga served on active duty from 1870 to 1915, but the ship never saw action, as she was converted into cadet training ship in 1897. She was decommissioned in 1925 and was scrapped.
General characteristics (as built)
Type: Armored corvette
Displacement: 2,060 MT
Length: 76 m
Beam: 11.9 m
Draft: 5.8 m
Installed power: 1,950 HP
Propulsion: 1 shaft, 1 steam engine
Sail plan: Barque rigged
Speed: 10 knots
Complement: 258 men
2 × 9-inch (228.6 mm) rifled muzzle-loading guns
10 × 7-inch (177.8 mm) rifled muzzle-loading guns