Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: July 30th, 2010, 2:15 am
In my AU there are only two ships built (like the Blue-Ridge class) and serve as flagships, are used to conduct major amphibious/naval operations, and as UNREPs for deploying strike groups.

[Profile] [Quote]
didibii
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 1st, 2010, 12:12 pm
the large doors where the small tanks are coming out of should get alittle higher,i would get wet there when dose open water could get in,dont you think?

2.Mary celeste (All most done 40% completed)
4.German CV europa (dont know if i should do it)

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 1st, 2010, 9:54 pm
didibii wrote:
the large doors where the small tanks are coming out of should get alittle higher,i would get wet there when dose open water could get in,dont you think?
The door actually leads to the well deck, which is designed to get wet. And the vehicles coming out of it are expeditionary fighting vehicles (EFVs), and they can swim. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 1st, 2010, 10:48 pm
didibii wrote:
Those tanks ain't small. EFVs are bigger than the AAV7, and can carry 30 Marines into combat.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 2nd, 2010, 12:20 am
ezgo394 wrote:
didibii wrote:
Those tanks ain't small. EFVs are bigger than the AAV7, and can carry 30 Marines into combat.
From what I hear it's 17, which is less than the AAV7's 25. But neither of them are small.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 2nd, 2010, 1:38 am
Rightttt. It GOES "30" mph.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 2nd, 2010, 1:27 pm
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
didibii wrote:
The door actually leads to the well deck, which is designed to get wet. And the vehicles coming out of it are expeditionary fighting vehicles (EFVs), and they can swim. ;)
I'd still make them higher and seal them against weather. You absolutely positively do not want your well deck flooded in Sea State 6 or more, because it will alter the balance and flotation qualities of the ship. (Not to mention sloshing around inside and turning everything in the well deck into chaos.)

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 5:06 am
BrockPaine wrote:
Wikipedia & Universe wrote:
didibii wrote:
I'd still make them higher and seal them against weather. You absolutely positively do not want your well deck flooded in Sea State 6 or more, because it will alter the balance and flotation qualities of the ship. (Not to mention sloshing around inside and turning everything in the well deck into chaos.)
The well deck is sealed and the door would never be open nor the well deck flooded in bad conditions. In fact it would only be opened during the launch of amphibious vehicles, be it during an invasion or just on an exercise. Either way the well deck door was Vossiej's work, but I'm guessing Voss would probably say the same thing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Layarteb
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 13th, 2010, 9:59 pm
I love this design, absolutely!

[Profile] [Quote]
Wikipedia & Universe
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: August 13th, 2010, 10:24 pm
Layarteb wrote:
I love this design, absolutely!
Do you prefer my version or Vossiej's version? (both are on the first page)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: